02:02

ACT TWO – SCENE TWO
SACCHARINE !

THE SUN IS dripping down on the asphalt roads of the city, dying sunlight scattering on the glass walls of proud skyscrapers standing tall upon its warmth, and the monochromatic streets were now coated with honey as I drove around humming along th...

THE SUN IS dripping down on the asphalt roads of the city, dying sunlight scattering on the glass walls of proud skyscrapers standing tall upon its warmth, and the monochromatic streets were now coated with honey as I drove around humming along the songs playing on my stereo and tapping my fingers along the beat every once in a while.

Basking in the sight of the orange hues of the sky, clouds blending in with the colors and the sun slowly descending. I'd melt in my seat, enjoying my favorite time of the day. I would love to snap a photo and add it to my collections of photos of different sunsets, but getting into an accident doesn't sound that inviting.

Today is the day that I'll take another step in life. The day I'll crawl out of my hole and spend time outside not with me being the person invited, but opposing to that situation, I sent Rio and Sky a message. I invited them for a treat to a cafe nearby Rio's university. It wasn't long ago since Sky made a group chat consisting only the three of us and I had a theory in mind that he only formed this group just so he could send his dad jokes to someone. Unfortunately, Sky's schedule was fully booked. Rio was hesitant about me paying for him, too bad he's nothing compared to my stubborn and persuasive ass.

I passed by an outlet of Prada, reminding me of Caly. The call from last night echoed at the back of my mind. After a few weeks, I finally heard her voice once again. Sadly, I'm still unaware of how she's doing. Caly preferred to talk in person and asked me to come over her place later tonight. And my instincts were telling me that something was wrong. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the reason I wanted to be in a presence of a calm place and drink a latté.

After turning and passing by a few blocks, I was greeted by a sight of students rushing out of the university's tall gates. I parked nearby the gates, garnering the attention of a few people.

I sent a text to Rio to let him know that I was waiting outside. After that, I stepped out of the car trying to search for Rio with my eyes. I clicked my tongue and gave up searching for him because the amount of students made me dizzy. I leaned on my car and tapped my heels impatiently on the pavement.

"Sol!"

My head craned to look behind me. Rio clad in black clothing and boots, beaming at me with his bunny smile, his hair bouncing as he skipped on his way towards me while he also waved bye to his friends.

He was too cute that I couldn't help but smile back at him.

Behind him, I realized that those were the same people from the club that night. Their mouths shaped in an 'o' while they stared at Rio hopping his way to me.

Rio gave me a hug but immediately broke it off and backed away from me. Flustered, he touched the back of his head. "Sorry, I was too excited." He said.