CHAPTER - 11

KARA'S POV

I open my eyes and saw a figure beside me, the figure was in fact Alex. She was sitting beside me and holding my hand. Her head was resting on the bed and she was probably sleeping. I released my hand from her grip and carefully got up without waking her up. I made my way to Mon-el's bed, I sat beside his bed on a chair. He was still unconscious but thankfully he was alive. I must have passed out when they were giving him CPR. He had bandages around his stomach which was weird because he should have been healed after the surgery. But again I was passed out maybe they just preformed the surgery and he is still healing. I looked at his face it was pale and he had dark cirlces under his eyes, his beautiful face looked like badly beaten up. I caressed his face with my hand, first his cheeks then my hand went up in his hair. They were still smooth and soft just like the first time I did it. I was examining his face then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up it was Alex I didn't even realize she got up and was standing beside. I guess I was just busy caressing the man lying in front of me. " We thought we lost him but he was brave he fought back for his Life just like you always do". I heard Alex say from behind. I didn't say anything, I was still living in the guilt of putting him in this state. " What happened between you two, Brainy told me you had a fight with him". Now she was sat on his bed looking straight into my eyes. I tried really hard not to make eye contact with her but she lifted up my chin and looked straight into my eyes. I still didn't say anything to her, I just looked over Mon-el and was playing with his hair. " It was a fight over something stupid, wasn't it?". She asked me. I don't how she reads my thoughts, she always knows what is the matter with me. " I don't know I was just furious about how he could leave future just because someone threatened him". This time I was looking at her eyes. " I don't know what to say but it sounds to me that you needed a reason to be upset at him and if you ask me that wasn't the perfect reason to be mad at him". I nodded in agreement because I knew she was right. I can't seem to accept that he is still here and will not leave me this time but I just have a doubt. " Alex I don't know what to do anymore. All I want to do is finally be with him after all this mess we've been through but a part of me doesn't want to be vulnerable again". I said looking at Mon-el then back at Alex. " First of all whoa! and second of all you don't have to rush things and how do you know he wants to be with you. Think about it and what about Imra don't jump on conclusions take time".
I knew Alex was right and I can't do this to him put him under this pressure he also needs time. " Aghh I hate it when you're right". I groaned before putting my head on the bed. " What are you saying, I'm always right". This we both started laughing. " How is his condition". I asked Alex with a concerned look on my face because I've never seen Mon-el this much broken. " We don't really know we have to wait to do tests and we will be able to do them after he wakes up till then we have to wait". She say before getting up and walking out of the room. I let out a deep sigh and got up from my chair and placed a kiss on Mon-el's head before heading out of the room. The main area was filled with all of my friends except William because you know he doesn't know that I'm Supergirl. I approached towards Kelly because I wanted to know how she found Monel and seriously I wanted to thank her for what she did yesterday. Without even saying anything I just hugged with normal human strength because I don't want to break any of her bones. We parted away from the hug " what was that for". She said chuckling and I just gave her a smile " do I need a reason to hug my sister's girlfriend and my best friend". I said with a pout and she just playfully slapped my arm " seriously what's the reason because it didn't look like a normal hug but more of a thank you hug". I didn't say anything just gave her a wide smile.
" It's about that Mike person isn't it". She said knowing that she was right and I just nodded. " Well his name is not Mike it's Mon-el". " Well I figured it out just when he told me about you". I just froze what Mon-el talked about me. I gave her a confusing look. " What did he say and I hope he said good things". I just tried to play it cool but I think it didn't work at all. " Well it's not my place to say anything because I think whatever he said to me was his personal thoughts and let me tell they were beyond good". Just hearing her say that heated my cheeks and without even realising it I was blushing. " Well you know my life is complicated and just like that my relationship with him is also complicated". She just burst into laughter and started shaking her head like crazy. " He said the same thing to me". I made 'O' shape mouth before putting on a small smile thinking about Mon-el. " Well you don't know what happened with me yesterday which is more complicated than anything right now". We both turned towards Alex who just butted into our conversation. " What do you mean by more complicated than anything right now". I narrowed my eyes towards her gave her a look. " You will not believe it but guess who I bumped into". I still gave her the look and I still had no idea what she was talking about. " Stop giving that look I saw Maggie". I gasped and hugged her. " That's the first time who have seen after your break up. Tell how was the meeting". I tried to cheer her mood up but I guessed it didn't actually worked and my over enthusiasm just turned things more difficult for her but without even hesitating she continued. " As awkward as it can get". I just laughed and Kelly joined me after few seconds. Alex just stood there holding in her laughter because I guess she just didn't want to make fun of herself or anything. Maggie has always been a sensitive topic for her so I decided to be the comforter this time. I gave her a tight hug and patted her shoulder before flying off the balcony.