CHAPTER - 9

MON-EL'S POV

I left the tower in a hurry. When I reached down and entered the streets tears started streaming down my cheeks. I couldn't help but cry and sit there drowning my emotions. I stood up and started walking towards the national city park. On my way I saw couples walking hand in hand, laughing on ridiculous things, eating ice creams and a lot of stuff I used to do with Kara. I always believed that one day I get to go back in time and be with her finally but I guess it is not going to be true. I got a feeling that after the fight she doesn't even want to be my friend even when we were not together we were still best friends and we shared every thought with each other. I sat on the bench of the park. There were children playing around, families were having picnics and couples were walking around. All people were happy in their own mini world. I saw everyone being happy that made me think that I could never get that happiness I had when I was with Kara. Tears started forming in my eyes and started streaming down my cheeks. " What happened? " A voice came to my eyes to which I responded by looking up. I didn't even  realize that a woman around 30 years of age was sitting beside me and looking at me. I wiped my tears and looked towards her and gave her a weak smile. I didn't reply to her question, I just sat there in silence living in my thoughts. " You know sometimes talking to strangers help to ease the pain you're feeling right now". I gave her a look before speaking up " how do you that's true". She chuckled before replying " I'm a psychiatrist and it worked for me too". I didn't reply again and just sat there. I thought she would stop trying to get me to talk to her and will eventually go away but she just sat there looking at me. " It is a girl problem, isn't it". She gave me a look and I gave her a small smile. " Yeah it is, you're a good psychiatrist by the way". She laughed at my reply " so what actually happened". I took a minute to think before telling her my story. I thought that it would be the best if I generated a fake and more believable story. I just can't tell I'm an alien and I'm Supergirl's ex- boyfriend. That would scare me away if I never met an alien before in my life. I looked up at the clouds and started speaking up " well she and I have a complicated history and just had a fight with her over something so stupid. I regret what I said to her and not only that I ran after our fight. I tried really hard to get through her but she is getting so cold and distant lately". I sighed in sadness, I felt a hand on my shoulder which comforted me. " What's the whole story, I would like to hear a complicated love story". She tried to cheer up my mood and I just chuckled. " Don't you have work to do". I tried getting off the subject and play it cool. " You can't easily get rid of me and I'm on my lunch break". She replied while holding in her laughter. I took a deep breath and continued with my fake but more believable story. " So about 3 years ago, I visited national city. We accidentally bumped into each other and I spilled some coffee on her". She gave me a look by which it meant she was not buying it. " So okay not some I spilled all of my coffee on her when she was late for her work". She just gave me one another look and burst out laughing. I couldn't control myself and repeated the same. " It's like every romance movie". She couldn't control her laugh after her comment about it. " So after that being a gentleman I gave her my jacket to cover the stain and gave her my number so she could contact me to return my jacket. After that we became super close like best friends. One night we were having a movie night at her place, I acted like I was sleeping and I kissed her". I looked at her she just nodded and listened to it patiently. " I tried to play like I didn't even remember that I made a move and kept lying about it but my feelings were getting the best of me. The situation between us was getting awkward everyday and I gained up the courage to tell her about my feelings". Her face lit up after hearing what I just said. " So what happened that night". She smirked at me. " Oh nothing happened she just rejected me". Her expression changed and I could tell she was controlling her laughter. " You can laugh at me I wouldn't mind". After that we were both were laughing. " Do you want me to continue or" before I could finish it she cut me off by saying " I have so much time to listen to your romantic movie storyline and plus I was getting bored at my workplace". I nodded and continued " after that I thought I would be good if I moved on pretty quickly and it would give me a distraction from my feelings but it didn't help. She confronted me about my relationship with her co worker and got very jealous". She just chuckled and I thought how could a stranger be so much interested in my story but I didn't question it because it was really helping me to lift up my mood. I told her my fake story and she seriously bought it. I told her everything in my fake version, like I moved to London for some family business but in reality I ended by in future because of lead in atmosphere. I told her about imra, my mother and everything. " It was nice to talk to someone like you". I gave her a thanking smile she just nodded. " Well I never got your name". She just chuckled " we will not be strangers if we knew each others name". She had a point but I was not giving up. " Oh come on, I told you my complicated love life you couldn't even tell me your name". Before I could say anything she replied " Kelly" I just smiled " Mike" I gave her a side hug " so tell me where you work Kelly". She just smiled " I work at obsidian North". I gave her a look which meant I didn't know what she was talking about. " Oh it is in the same building as CatCo. You should know about CatCo". I just chuckled on her reply. " If you work in the same building you must know Kara Danvers". Before I could say anything further she just cut me off. " Yeah she is my girlfriend's sister". I was in shock because the stranger I've been talking to these past few minutes was Alex's girlfriend. " You mean you're Alex's girlfriend". She just nodded and said " how you know her. She never mentioned to me that she know someone named Mike". I was in complete shock I couldn't move and just told her about my feelings towards Kara and I didn't even cared. " I'm Kara's ex boyfriend". That's the last thing I remember before I fainted due to the extreme pain I couldn't handle.