Chapter 8

Who knew 

Like she did on any boring night, Estella had turned up the volume of her TV and watched some kind of drama series. A woman, madly in love with her husband, ‘accidentally’ cheated on him and had to pay the consequences and bla bla bla…

Estella popped some popcorn into her mouth and picked the remote control up, throwing it in the air with a flip and caught it skillfully in her hand. She pressed the red button that turned off the screen and sighed. Whoever said boredom could not kill a person was wrong, terribly wrong.

Estella threw off the blanket that covered her legs and messed with her hair as she approached the door. She ran downstairs but stopped halfway when she heard people talking. She leant against the wall of the staircase and listened carefully to what was being said.

“Niklaus is currently staying atTyler’s house. He has recruited two hybrids to protect the boy from the vampire hunter”, an unidentified male voice said. 

“Klaus is atTyler’s house?”, Katherine’s shocked voice said, followed by a loud gasp. Estella couldn’t suppress her curiosity and jumped onto the floor, skipping the last few steps. She smirked as soon as she saw a tall and handsome man through the doorway that separated the hall from the living room. She put on her finest strut, showing off her long bare legs as she entered the living room. The man looked at her rather surprised, before his eyes quickly darted down to her legs.

“What’s going on in here?”, she asked lowering her voice a little to raise her sex-appeal. She eyed the man up and down while halting next to him, before walking to the kitchen and taking an apple from the fruit basket. She faced the man, who was still staring at her, and bit the apple while keeping her gaze fixed upon his. She wiped the small amount of juice that dripped from her lips with her fingers and finished with a smile. The man raised both eyebrows in pleasant surprise before turning his attention to Katherine, who was paralyzed on the spot. That certainly wasn’t the reaction Estella had expected from her mother, concluded from the stories she’d heard about Katherine’s many pleasurable encounters with men. She’d expected her mother to smile mischievously and praise her with a nod. Guess she was wrong.

“Okay, stop the hooker act”, Damon complained while throwing his head back. “We don’t want to see it.” 

Estella raised a curious eyebrow and smirked after she dropped the apple and approached the company of three. Stefan, Damon, Katherine and handsome man were all focused on Estella as she crossed her arms and halted next to them with a bored expression.

“You guys are no fun. Now, what were you talking about? Klaus?”, she asked amused and smiled mischievously at the handsome Damon. He was less amused and shot her an annoyed smirk. Stefan’s expressionless face soon changed into a worried one and Estella wondered why that might’ve been. Was it because she had heard them talk about Klaus? Wasn’t she supposed to know about him?

“I’m sorry but you are?”, the stranger spoke and Estella didn’t waste a second giving him all of her attention. She decided to tone her attitude down a bit, since Katherine apparently didn’t encourage her behavior, and answered normally without pulling any tricks.

“Estella Petrova, or as I am called nowadays, Ella Pierce”, Estella said eyeing her mother contently. Katherine nodded nervously. “As in Katherine’s daughter”, Ella added after seeing the confused look on the man’s face. All of a sudden a small smile crossed his face serious face and soon after a laugh escaped his tight lips.

“Katherine’s daughter?”, the man questioned.

“Elijah”, Katherine warned him and hissed through gritted teeth. She was tense and Estella noticed her balled fists next to her body. Confusion struck Estella as she eyes each member of the company.

“I believe you are mistaken, for this is not Katherine Pierce, but Elena Gilbert”, Elijah said and awaited Estella’s reaction. Estella stared ahead dumbfounded before she suddenly felt her blood boil and rage took over her mind. She wasn’t capable of thinking and instead of doing anything she did nothing.

“Aw man, did you have to ruin it for her?”, Damon whined and held out his arms. Estella looked at Katherine, or should she should say Elena, and watched the girl swallow. If she wasn’t Katherine but Elena, then why did she look like Katherine? She had to be the least thing Estella had expected or hoped for: a doppelganger. It was a major coincidence that the doppelganger was born inMysticFallsand actually didn’t seem to make any sense. Estella had never been in the town before and wondered how any of her descendants would’ve ended up here. The connection was made sooner than she though when her brain started working again. Gilbert…Elena had been adopted.

As soon as her brain started working, her motorics did too. She attacked Elijah’s throat, squeezing with all her strength before she would twist it and kill him. She was strong, very strong, but apparently Elijah proved to be stronger when eh calmly grabbed her hands and crushed them before dropping them.

“You can’t beat me”, Elijah hummed as Estella cried in pain and glared at him while bending forward and holding her hands closely to her body. She quickly felt her hands heat up and within seconds she was healed.

A loud growl escaped her lips as she had set a new target. Within a second she had jumped on Elena and ended up on the other side of the couch, hovering over Elena while biting her neck. All she wanted to do was kill torture and kill even more. Her animal instinct had fully taken over, fed by her emotions. It was a wonderful way of combining both human and vampire part.

A pair off strong hands grabbed Estella’s neck and pulled her off Elena. She wriggled din Elijah grasp, but was proven to be inferior when he easily managed to secure her hands behind her back. Estella struggled a little more before calming down. Her breath was still loud and unsteady but her emotions were under control.

“Katherine…”, Stefan said stepping closer. “…has fled town long ago.”

“Then where is she now!?”, Estella yelled and bared her fangs at Stefan. 

“I don’t know”, Stefan replied calmly. She was surprised to see that there was nothing left of the ripper he once was. The man standing in front of her was calm and gently, nothing like a ripper at all.

“You gotta thank Klaus though, he’s the one who scared her off”, Damon said smirking. He shot Estella a provocative look but she did not reply. Klaus, hybrid extraordinaire and most feared person alive was the reason behind her mother’s life long fleeing. It was his fault Estella had never found her mother and he would pay for it. No matter what the cost and how dangerous he was, she would make him pay. Her revenge would be sweet.