-17-

Changmin quickly rushed through the hallways he wasn't late or anything he just wanted to get there early so he could finish his homework. He wasn't paying attention until he crashed into another person.

Thud

Changmin not only dropped his books but  knocked the other persons phone out of their hands.

"Oh sorry i'm so sorry," Changmin said picking up the phone making sure it wasn't broken.

"It's fine," The boy replied and to Changmins surprise they bent down and picked up his books. When the boy stood up Changmin and him made eye contact, it was Younghoon. To be honest Changmin was a little intimidated to Younghoon he seemed quiet and cold. He'd never really seen Younghoon smile and he felt oddly serious. Younghoons friends were the only people who knew his friendly and less serious side but that was a very small amount of people.

"Oh uh Younghoon," Changmin nervously laughed, "sorry I wasn't really looking."

"It's okay I also wasn't paying attention so it's my fault too," Younghoon said his words felt warm but his voice was like ice while his face was cold and expressionless.

"Uh-Okay-um..oh yeah your phone here," Changmin said holding out Younghoons phone.

"Thanks," Younghoon said taking his phone and giving Changmins books to him. "Are you heading to class?"

"Y-yeah," Changmin was surprised that Younghoon was actually speaking to him he always thought Younghoon looked and would act pretentious or something.

"Me too, can I walk with you?" Younghoon said his expression not changing.

"Um sure," Changmin said almost shocked that Younghoon would ask. He felt bad that he thought the boy was someone who would be rude or thing of others as inferior. Younghoon looked rich and Changmin had the impression that rich people acted stuck up. Realizing that Changmin scolded himself for holding a stereotype like that he wasn't the type of person to have stereotypes.

The walked to class in silence Changmin still feeling bad and Younghoon just not speaking. The one thing Changmin was right about was that Younghoon was a quiet person he tended to not speak until spoken to. All of his friends had been the ones to approach him while most people gave up because of Younghoons lack of interest his friends were persistent. Younghoons close friends were Chanhee and Juyeon. He was also friends with Haknyeon, Kevin, and Sangyeon just not that close he felt more comfortable around them though, which was nice. Younghoon was sort of friends with Eric as well but that was really only when Juyeon was around.

The two entered the classroom and people's heads immediately turned. Younghoon was never seen with anyone but his few friends. The class went up in whipsers which Younghoon ignored he was used to it. Changmin however didn't like that kind of attention so he ran to his desk with his head lowered while Younghoon went to his desk like normal.

"Dang Changmins got all the b*tches lately," Chanhee said, "First musical genius Kevin Moon then i'd say the most infamous boy at school icy Younghoon."

"It's not-I just bumped into him in the hallway and we were going in the same direction so we just you know." Changmin said quickly his face a bright red.

"Jeez I was kidding," Chanhee laughed amused by Changmins panic.

"Wait so did Younghoon like talk to you?" Jacob said still surprised after seeing them walk together.

"Yeah he said like four or five things," Changmin said.

"Wait really?" Jacob replied even more suprised.

"That's like more than he says to me sometimes," Chanhee said offended.

"I don't think i've ever heard his voice," Jacob said. "He really talked to you?"

"You act like he can't talk," Chanhee said laughing.

"I honestly was starting to think he couldn't, what did he say?" Jacob was still curious.

"Well I bumped into him so I said sorry and said it was fine and such," Changmin said.

"You literally bumped into him?! And he said it was fine like he wasn't mad?" Jacob looked genuinely shocked.

"Younghoons not a mean person i've told you this why do you think of him as a supervillain?" Chanhee said elbowing Jacob.

"I don't think he's evil he's just kind of scary," Jacob said glancing over at Younghoon.

"He's not scary," Chanhee and Changmin said unison.

"See," Chanhee said proud.

"I thought he was scary too at first but then he was actually pretty nice," Changmin continued.

"Wow you learn something new everyday," Jacob said nodding.

"Y'all disappoint me with your assumptions," Chanhee sighed.

Younghoons friends were also having a discussion but they were even more shocked seeing Younghoon with Changmin.

"Did you guys walk to class together?" Kevin looking dumbfounded at Younghoon.

"Hm," Younghoon nodded as he took out his homework and started writing.

"Did you like talk to him? Do you guys know each other? Are you guys like friends? Since when? You're making friends now?" Kevin rambled he hadn't seen Younghoon with someone that wasn't one of his few friends in years. Normally Younghoon would just give cold replies or avoid anyone he wasn't close with.

Younghoon didn't answer continuing to do his homework.

"Younghoon respond!" Kevin said a bit annoyed and confused.

Younghoon just sighed but before Kevin could pester him further the teacher entered the class and everyone went quiet. Kevin didn't bother to try and talk to Younghoon during class because he knew he wouldn't reply using class as an excuse. Kevin wasn't trying to bother him he was just concerned Younghoon was way worse with people than Kevin was. Sometimes Kevin felt like he wasn't even friends with Younghoon because he didn't even know much about him. Also he had never even seen his family. It had taken so long just for Younghoon to be more comfortable around Kevin and talk a little more. Just the thought of Younghoon making a new friend felt almost impossible. In the end Kevin realized it wasn't his business and if Younghoon wanted to talk he would.

Younghoon on the other hand had no idea what he was doing. It was true that he never tried to make friends and avoided it in general. He just couldn't trust people it litterally took all his energy just to trust Chanhee and Juyeon even it was only a little. Younghoon was trying to trust Kevin and the other boys too it was just hard. From his past he knew that even the most trustworthy and close person to you could backstab you and leave you in seconds. His motto still remained you can only truly trust yourself.

But maybe that would change soon.

Maybe someone would come and break down his walls.

Maybe Younghoon would learn to trust.

Then again maybe not.