25 - new beginnings

it had been about half a year since me and evelien had broken up and i was finally stepping out of my comfort zone and taking the final step to getting over it; finding someone new. that's right - i was going on a date. i was nervous, since i hadn't been on a date in literal years...but i was also excited.

i got up hours before i had to even begin to get ready. i just wanted to be punctual, like always. i made sure that i looked amazing, close to perfect. because after all, nobody's perfect. although if you asked mark that, he'd strongly disagree and remind you that zac efron exists.

it was only a casual coffee shop date...you know, like all the ones they write about in those weird fan fictions i see on the internet...so cliche, am i right?

soon enough it was time for me to leave the house - the house that still felt so weird to be in since i lived alone now. i lived with evelien for years, it just felt so strange to have nobody around anymore. i remembered the day that she moved out...all of her stuff in the driveway being lifted into the trunk of her car with the help of the guy she left me for. that day was so awkward, embarrassing, near enough unbearable. the coldness in her voice when she said goodbye to me and the malicious glare her boyfriend gave to me when we came face to face with each other was a memory that would forever be burnt into my mind. the worst part? her new boyfriend was fucking ripped and hella attractive. of course she left me for some good looking douchebag.

that guy looked like he could have snapped me in half within seconds. i'm kind of into that...am i a masochist? no...that's mark's brand, i can't steal that from him.

i stopped thinking my stupid thoughts and put a jacket on to keep myself warm. it was time to leave. i didn't want to be late, or on time for that matter. just early so that i could make a good impression.

i began my walk to the store. there was no point in taking the car as it was only a ten minute walk away. save the planet.

after a little longer than ten minutes since for the entire walk i was stuck behind a very slow couple and i couldn't get past them, i finally arrived at the coffee shop and was relieved to be greeted by the sweet aroma of the dirty bean juice. i looked around for my date, and smiled as wide as humanely possible when i saw him. by this point, all my worries had faded, and i was beyond happy to be in this position. evelien leaving was truly a blessing, and i could see that now.

i walked over to him, my worries melting away but my smile not. i pulled the chair out and sat down, tucking it back in. that's when a large cup of coffee was placed in front of me.

"the queue was pretty long so i bought you your coffee in advance." he said. i smiled gratefully.

"you didn't have to, i would have paid for it myself."

"nonsense. it's no problem, really." i looked down at the cup, taking a sip of the sweet drink. this is exactly what i would have ordered. he knew me well. i kept one hand on the cup to warm it up since for whatever reason it was incredibly cold and placed my other hand on the table since for some reason that one was perfectly fine.

"can i tell you something?" he asked. i nodded, leaning in closer so we could hear each other properly over the noise. it took me a few seconds to notice that he'd rested his hand on top of mine. if humans could melt, i would have been a puddle evaporating into the air quicker than the speed of light.

"you look...really pretty." i could feel myself blushing. i never usually took compliments well and sometimes it was difficult for me to think of how to respond.

"nothing compared to you." i responded almost in a whisper. instead of just resting his hand on mine he was now holding my hand.

"you don't mean that." he giggled.

"i do eth. i really do."

the end

a/n: DIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER I UH I HOPE YOU LIKED IT🥺

i'm gonna be completely honest - i feel like this sequel was really bad and just overall incredibly lame? like i just don't feel like it did the first book justice and that the plot is kind of all over the place. i felt like this one was short compared to the first book as well. i wanted to do a few more chapters but i didn't know what to do in them and i felt like i was dragging the story out too much but now i feel like i've rushed the ending. this story does end here but i feel like it was so badly done that i should do a third book but honestly i don't know what i would do for a third book. it'd probably just be chapters of them being a couple and that's basically just a one shot book so there's really no point to making a third book in the series but yea. i'm sorry if you thought this story sucked. i dislike both of the stories in this series but i honestly prefer the first one

idk if you have any advice or ideas or whatever you can comment them ig??? but anyway, i hope you liked the book, thanks for the support <3