20 - old friend

three months later.

three months later and still no reply. i'd concluded ages ago that I wouldn't get one, but for whatever reason I still had a small glimmer of hope that one morning i'd wake up and see his name in my notifications. but it never happened. eventually I convinced myself to give up, and soon enough everything was back to normal: I was going on endless dead end dates with random guys and sean was happy with his girlfriend. I laughed at myself for thinking that at one point things could actually change for the better.

one day i was scrolling through my phone when I got a message - and not from sean. I searched for the username and was instantly bewildered when I saw it: pewdiepie. why the fuck would somebody as high and mighty as felix contact me? as far as I was aware, felix stopped talking to pretty much everybody from school. I read the message to myself in my head.

hey dude. i know this is kinda random and out of the blue but i was wondering if you'd wanna do a collab sometime?

i rolled my eyes and began typing back. me and felix hadn't talked since the day our high school lives ended. and to be completely honest, i wasn't that bothered by it. me and felix were never that close anyway. out of our entire friendship group i got on with him the least. i don't think i need to clarify why.

why?

you know, it could be a cool way to catch up. plus i can make your channel more popular

it was no wonder as to why everybody stopped talking to him. he thought he was such a big deal. even if he was, he didn't have to act so superior.

really? i'm aware i'm nowhere near as popular as you are and that my channel is struggling, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna jump at the opportunity to collab with you bc you think it'll help me. even if it will, i don't want or need your help. you're not the god that you think you are. it's my channel and i can make it better on my own, thank you

he saw it instantly and didn't bother replying, but i didn't care. i was real used to people leaving me on read by now. but about five minutes later, i got another message from him, a message that had absolutely nothing to do with youtube or collabs.

how are you and sean

"oh wouldn't you like to know." i said as if he was there to hear it.

did you not hear? we broke up

oh, really? i'm sorry about that

when

idk, about two years after we started dating

ah i see. why

why did this guy have so many questions?

there was a lot of distance between us when we went to college and it made things difficult

right. i'm sorry

it's okay

he never replied and i put the phone away. why was he even asking? if he watched either mine or sean's videos he would know that we're not together since gab is in a ton of sean's videos and everybody knows that they're dating. oh well, let's not think about it too much. so i thought about sean instead and how badly i screwed things up with him.