As Maggie looked to Clary, she nodded as she realized she was redirecting their previous conversation as Glenn made his way up to them. "Hey, you two. How's it going?" Maggie shook her head to the man. "Still haven't seen a single bud. We can only keep stretching our rations so far." Both Clary and Glenn looked to Maggie to see disappointment cloud her gaze. Glenn was the first to respond. "It'll grow. We're gonna be okay." He gave an assuring look to both his wife and the girl besides him until all three heard a gate open.

Looking towards the source of the sound, they saw Denise rushing out of the area their lockup. She talked hurriedly to Abraham before they all went down into the holding area. Before Clary has gone to Carl's, she had stopped at Enid's to apologize for sending her away and to check on her in general. Clary had learned from Enid that Rick and Daryl had brought in someone they had found, but that had been all Enid could find out.

Glenn, Maggie and Clary were quick to run towards the lockup, getting there as Denise and Abraham exited. Before Clary could speak, Glenn questioned the two, "What happened?" Denise shrugged, looking frazzled. "I was coming to check on that man that Rick and Daryl brought in and he— he's just gone." Denise stayed behind as Abraham joined the three before they ran to Rick's home.

Their footsteps hit the asphalt harshly as they approached the home, stopping only as they saw Daryl walking down the road. He looked confused as he saw them running, his eyes landing upon Clary. "Jo? What's goin' on?" Daryl questioned, worried as he saw her dark gaze. "The man you brought in wasn't in lockup. He got out." Daryl clenched his jaw before joining the group, entering without knocking before hearing voices. Clary could distinguish Rick's but not the other voice, the distance warping the sound. The four of them rushed towards the noises, going up the stairs and pulling out their gun as they saw a figure seated on the stairs. Clary looked up, seeing Carl with his gun aimed at the figure before allowing it to fall to his side. As the man stood, Clary's eyes widened as she saw the familiar long hair and beard.

"Jesus?"

All eyes turned towards her before going back to the man, who smiled as he saw the girl. He had believed that the girl was dead, taken long before her time. But there she was, standing right in front of him.

"Commander Dean, it's good to see you're alive."

As her gun lowered, a slight smile arising upon seeing the familiar face, everyone watched the two. Seeing as the girl seemed to know the man, Glenn, Maggie and Daryl holstered their guns as they knew she wouldn't be friendly with anyone she didn't wholeheartedly know and trust. However, seeing the two interact, Rick clenched his jaw. It seemed as if there was more to the past of the girl that had been hidden, one that Jesus was a part of.

With that in mind, Rick holstered his gun. "You said we should talk. So let's talk."

•••

The dining room of the Grimes household was silent as all members of the group simply stared at the man seated before them. Clary sat at the end of the table between Glenn and Maggie, her eyes resting easily upon Jesus as he sat across from her at the head of the table. The girl couldn't help but think she too was being questioned as she sat across from Jesus, Rick looking warily between the two of them.

The only other thing that comforted her besides Glenn and Maggie on either side of her was the presence she could subtly feel behind her. She didn't have to turn to know it was Carl that stood behind her, his usual bright blue gaze dark with caution. However she, although aware of his presence, did not see the protectiveness in his stance or his fingers grazing his gun, ready to defend her if need be. Carl did so as he didn't know if Jesus was still her friend, meaning he had to be ready to defend her against the man or even against his father if he tried to get her to admit anything. No matter what, she would be protected, even if she didn't know it.