Chapter 12 - Ellianna

I'm finishing a vegetable lasagna as Sonja walks in from work, she slinks into the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. She loves my veggie lasagna. "Who knew you'd be the best roomie ever!" She says excited.

I let out a laugh and pull wine from the fridge as she pulls down two wine glasses. "No Cole today?" She asks.

"Oh.. Cole was there today." I say with an eye roll.

She raises her brow at me as she scoops a big pile of lasagna on a plate. I explain about the gym today and kickboxing class while we grab our plates and wine heading to the couch.

"He's got me so frustrated that I ran 10 miles today." I complain to her.

"Jesus woman. Just ride him and get it over with."

"No. He's hiding a whole lot of his past and I'm not going to just fall into bed with him."

"Just saying. It'll do wonders for your frustration. Though you keep kicking his ass and running 10 miles a day you'll be able to eat and drink anything you want, no problem."

"I'll definitively kick his ass again, but the running will be under 10 miles from now on. My legs are like jello now, it was too much. I'll be back to work soon and it'll all be good." I say trying to reason with both myself and her.

She nods, stuffing lasagna in her mouth. "If he is not willing to let you in on his secrets, you need to move on babes."

"I know." I say a little sad. It took forever to move on before and look where that got me, right back into I didn't actually move on and I just made more of a mess of my life than I ever thought possible.

My phone rings, pulling it from my pocket I see it's Ty and pick it up on speaker.

Hi Brother.

Make up for last night with drinks?

Sonja and I were just going to chill I think. I ran like 10 miles today.

I seen you run yesterday. You're fine. Drinks!

Son babes, you want drinks with Ty?

YES! I mean you did ditch him yesterday. She says and I stick my tongue at her.

I had my reasons. At least, I can show my face at his bar now.

Yeah and everyone knows you can kick his ass too. Sonja yells over to me.

You kicked Cole's ass?

Kickboxing class today.

Oh, no shit. We are definitely getting drinks and celebrating that! Get ready! I will be there in ten minutes!

Fine.

I click off and look at Sonja but she just jumps off the couch picking up our plates and glasses taking them to the kitchen. "Hurry! Go get sexed up!" She yells making me roll my eyes but I do what she says and head upstairs hunting for something to match my jacket.

Finally I find a red lacy halter top that cuts a low V in the front and is open in the back, I toss it on with a pair of ripped up skinny jeans I found in my closet at my parents. They are a dark wash and sit just right at my hips. Feels good to know I still fit in my clothes from high school. I grab a pair of black boots that lace in the front and stop just above my ankle before heading back down stairs. I wasn't too worried about my hair because it air dried after I got home from the gym and my waves are a little loose and fluffy but they look fine enough.