Chapter 9-Beginning of us

Start from the beginning

"Hello there Maisha. I hope you are having fun." I say out loud. Seeing me Maisha gets down from the table and pushes Thomas.

"It's not what it seems like, David. I can explain it."

"Oh yeah, I do want to listen to why my best friend was sticking his tongue down my girlfriend's throat, Thomas..." Anger took over me. I saw them kissing and caught them red-handed and she is trying to say she can explain this.

"I am sorry, David. I wanted to tell you. I like Maisha and it was she who came to me first." Thomas was guilty and I could see it in his face.

"How long?" I tried calming down but couldn't. I was feeling a mix of emotions. Sadness took over my anger and I was furious.

"I am sorry David. She manipulated me. I am. I realize my mistake. I didn't want to betray you." Thomas explains to me. I could feel the lump in his throat due to tears.

"I asked how long?" I yelled. Maisha tried coming close to me and I raised my hand telling her to not dare come close to me."Two years." He says with his head held down. I had to know it even though it hurt so bad. "The fuck. I can't believe I trusted you both so much. Two freaking years. Didn't you think it would break me down? You never cared for my feelings. I don't even know what to think anymore. Don't ever come close to me or else you will regret it and Thomas if you ever show me your face I won't be gentle like I am now. You will see a side of me you never saw before. Also, forget about your dreams about being the captain."

My whole world was crashing down. My girlfriend was cheating on me with my best friend for god knows how long. I was heartbroken. I had lost the two most important people in my life that very day. I was hurt. All those times Maisha accused me of cheating I thought maybe I was not doing enough but all that time it was her. I did what I had to."

------------------------------------------------------

"Maisha was not even sorry. She started dating someone the same day itself and as for Thomas, he was genuinely sorry for what he did.
He left the football team and a few days later I came to know he transferred himself to some other college and that was the last I saw him. I could see it in his eyes he was sorry and guilty for his actions but I couldn't forgive him.

I lost my faith and trust. It was so hard trusting anyone. Then I met Kathy, Liam, and Austin. It took me time to trust them and let them in but they understood. It took me a long long time to move on from her. It took me time but yes I am so happy I did." After I heard what he said I was shocked. How can someone play with someone's feelings like that? It was so wrong what happened to him. No whatever however guilty you are cheating is cheating. I held his hand, looking at him, and said. His gaze lowered down at our hands.

"David, she didn't deserve you at all. I don't want to sound selfish but I am happy things didn't work out between you two because if that were the case. I wouldn't have found you." He laughs at this. Looking at the smile on his face I was relieved. It hurt me to see him like that.

"Me too. Now everything feels worth the pain." I hugged him and when I pulled back. Our faces were so close. All I could think of was kissing him. I looked into his eyes and it said to me things he was thinking. He didn't want to rush things and make me feel uncomfortable was his concern and the reason he wasn't taking the first move.

"Just kiss me already." David looked at me with a soft look in his eyes. His bright brown eyes were looking at mine and then drops to my lips and then back to my eyes. My breath becomes heavier and heavier and my pulse quickened.

The air between us was getting thicker and tension that could be cut by a knife. He was close. Dangerously close. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. With me confirming, he leaned in, and then our lips met. It was magical. The most important thing was it felt so right to be here with him. It was so innocent yet passionate at the same time. It was everything everyone imagines their first kiss to be. Every day is a new day and it was all because of David. After he pulled back he rests his forehead on mine as I couldn't stop smiling.

We stayed like this for a few moments and I say."Now can we watch Friends?"

"Not before I do this." David placed his hand under my chin, tilting it up a bit forcing me to look up into his brown eyes he kissed me again. We couldn't get enough. I had everything I could ever ask. I don't remember when I was this happy and then we watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S, The one with the proposal...

I don't know when I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up in David's arms. I was getting used to this. Yesterday was the best date I ever had. It all felt like a dream as if I will wake up and none of this ever happened. Nobody made me feel so special and loved. He did all of this for me and that made me feel like I was on cloud nine. He woke up yawning rubbing his eyes. If it was for him he will not get up from his bed."Good Morning."

"Good morning. One thing you should know I am not a morning person." I shake him up as he yawns. We have to go to work and it was morning already.

"You know I am the boss. I can come and go at whatever time I want and no one will raise a question." He explains and I say"Using your authority."

"One thing I had to ask but you slept." I roll over close to him and he puts his arm around me and holding my hand with the other. "Ask away."

"WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?"
He asks. There is no way he was asking this question. Did he think I would say no? I was going to say yes but I wanted to tease him so I say "I will have to think." He gets up immediately not expecting a no. He looks at me terrified. The reaction is priceless."What?"

"I don't have a choice. Fine I will be your girlfriend."

"I am not forcing you."
She comes closer and kisses my cheek and then she smiles. I could see her cheeks redden from blushing. She was playing with me.

"Is that even a question? OF COURSE YES. Now can we head home so we can go to work?"
Ava kisses me and says yes. The smile on her face made me feel happy. I know it but some things are good to hear sometimes.
"Today is a Sunday and I would rather stay at home with you than go to work."

"I work there too."

"Still I would love to spend time with my girlfriend."

(The date is to an end. Everything is perfect. Both love each other and things are so good. What happens next? Keep reading)

...Thank you for reading...

Vote for my story if you like it.