88. Come back to me

Harry's POV
"No, no, no, no! Fuck this isn't happening Liam tell this is some fucking joke?" I asked him hastily as I felt my stomach churn and a pit form in it.

"Harry, sit down." He directed me towards the chair that he was previously seated on. "It's common for cancer patients to slip into comas but to be very honest I wasn't expecting Ava too." He paused for a second before opening his mouth to speak but I cut him off

"Wake her up Liam." My eyes shifted over to ava "Ava darling come on wake up sweetie" I put my arm on Ava's shoulder, shaking her to try and get her to respond "wake up!" I screamed as I felt my body fall forward

"Harry listen I need you to calm down, I can't wake her up. She'll gain consciousness herself. This could take hours, day's, months, years-" I cut him off again

"Years?! No I refuse to wait years to see her isn't there anything you can do?" I asked

"I'm afraid not. We'll keep a close eye on her, monitor her for as long as we have to. I'm so sorry, all we can do is wait now." He patted my back before exiting the room.

My eyes darted to Ava who looked as peaceful as ever, her eyes were sealed shut. Nose slightly red while her cheeks flushed too, her skin was pale and her once plump lips were cracked dry. As I stared at her my eyes began to water as I slouched foreword cupping my eyes with my hands as I sobbed out loud. "Please baby, don't do this to me." I cried, taking her hand softly against mine. I gripped tightly against her trying to get some sort of reaction from her, she didn't hold my hand back.

She was lifeless.

I heard a knock on the door, turning around I saw Donna walking in. "Oh Harry, I'm so sorry" she came over to me, holding onto my shoulder as I sniffled. "Listen, I have to wipe her body down to keep her clean so I'll need you to go outside for a little while okay? You can come back in once I'm done." She softly smiled down at me, I nodded and walked out.

Plopping down on the hospital seat, I leant forward rubbing my temples as I felt my head pound, my head was throbbing as I sat there shaking nervously. She was in a coma. There was nothing I could do about it. There was nothing anyone could do. No one knew when she would be awake. Or if she'd be awake.

Indie and Niall rushed towards me, followed by Emily and Finn who were happily skipping behind them. I looked up, my bloodshot eyes meeting them.

"Hey! Have you gone in to-" Indie paused when she saw my face, her face softened as she walked over to me. "What happened Haz?" She asked me quietly. She peered down at me, bending over so that her face was at the same level as mine.

"Indie, I, I can't" I whispered

"You can talk to me Harry, we're here for you."

"She's in a coma, she's in a fucking coma Indie she's not waking up and I don't know when she's going to wake up I don't know when I'm going to be able to talk to her or hold her fuck Indie I don't know what to do. I can't do this, I can't do this without her what am I supposed to do?!-" I panted out loud, taking hefty breaths as I felt my throat go dry.

"Harry, calm down its okay deep breaths Harry, deep breaths." Her hands cupped my cheeks as she bought her forehead against mine, I held onto her forearms tightly

"Indie she told me loved me and I didn't say it back, I ran away. I didn't say it back. And now I can't say it back because she cant hear me. She can't talk back to me. I held her hand today and she didn't hold it back. She can't." I continued to breathe desperately, no matter how many breaths I took it felt like I had no air coming in. Like I was suffocating. "I can't do this Indie this is too much I can't, fuck I can't" my body flung forward, as I buried my head into the crook of her neck, holding her tightly as I felt her rub my back reassuringly.

After I while, I stopped crying. My eyes were sore from the amount of tears I shed and my entire body ached. I sat there in silence while mum, Robin, Emily, Finn, Indie and Niall sat around me, trying to talk to me. I said nothing. I had no more tears left to shed, I was completely and utterly numb.

"Harry, dear, why don't you go inside and just talk to her? It'll make you feel better?" My mum suggested, I stayed silent. She sighed knowing I wasn't going to budge and just continued to talk to Emily who was sitting in confusion.

I got up, clearing my throat and walking over to Ava's hospital door. I opened the door and made my way in, taking a seat against the hospital chair opposite Ava.

"Hey angel, I um, I don't really know what to say, I know you can't hear me or talk to me but um, I just wanted to come here and talk to you." I took a deep breath as I ran my fingers through my already messy curls.

"I'm sorry I didn't say I love you back yesterday. When you told me you loved me I ran away like some coward. I know if you could talk to me you'd forgive me, tell it's not my fault and that it's okay to be scared. But I let you down baby, when you needed me to tell you I loved you I didn't. You said you were scared, and I ran away. I should have kissed you, hugged you, but I fucking ran away and I'm so so sorry my love. I'm so sorry. I just, seeing you like that, seeing you in pain I couldn't control myself. I was so scared, I thought I was going to lose you and I couldn't bare it. So I ran, and I had a panic attack. Luckily Niall was there to calm me down. But I don't want you to worry about me, I need you to worry about yourself right now. Please my love, please wake up. It's only been a few hours and I'm dying out here without you. I need you baby. I need you." I whispered, at this point I was a sobbing mess, my hands were pressed up against the hospital bed and I looked down onto the bed to see the white sheets completely wet from my tears.

"Come back to me baby, come back."

I felt a hand against my shoulder, looking up it was my mum "I'm sorry Harry, she'll be okay. We just have to be patient." She rubbed small circles against my shoulder trying to comfort me as I sniffled "she's a strong girl Harry. She'll beat this."

"Yeah, mum, she is."

"Anyways, I came in here because visiting hours are almost over so we should get going home-" I cut her off

"I'm staying the night."

"Harry-" she began to speak but once again I cut her off

"I left her alone yesterday, that's not happening ever again. I'm staying tonight and I'll stay here until she wakes up."

"Okay well, Liam granted permission for Susie to come here tonight and see her since her flight has just landed. She's going to drop her bags off at at Jordon's place before coming here." I nodded

Within an hour or so, Susie and Jordon had reached the hospital. I walked out of the room allowing Susie to spend some time with Ava while me and Jordon sat outside.

"I can't believe this is happening, god I wished I lived closer to you guys" Jordon sighed

"I can't believe this is happening either and its okay. You got here is soon as you could, thank you for driving Susie over. Also, I was thinking Susie could stay over at mine and Ava's place while she's here?"

"Yeah that sounds good Harry, I'll talk mum about it"

Susie has agreed to stay at our place while she was in London. Everyone had now left and it was just me and Ava in her room.

"I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am, so, I think it's time to get some sleep. I love you angel, my sweet, sweet girl. I love you so much." I paused giving her a kid against the top of her head. "goodnight pretty girl." I pressed my lips against her cold ones, before my eyes fluttered shut and my thoughts suddenly quieted down.