17. Dinner

Ava's POV

"Ind!!" I called, unlocking our door kicking my Chelsea boots off immediately, Harry was also wearing a pair of brown boots, he lent over pulling his coat off and placing it on our coat hanger.

"Ava Stevenson I'm so fucking hungry what took you so-" she paused as she saw Harry standing behind me.

"Harry?" She ran up to him giving him a tight and very long-awaited hug

"Hey Indie it's been a long time" he smiled

"How? What? How are you even here?" She asked obviously shocked to see him "oh my god look at this hair?! It once used to be as long as mine" she giggled, running her hair lightly through his hair.

"I'm actually planning Harry's wedding" I stated. I watched indies eyes almost fall out of her head, "holy fuck? Harry styles is getting married? Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" She laughed, Harry left out a loud laugh too.

"I could ask you the same thing Indie, I've heard a lot about your label I'm really proud of you" he smiled, she leant in once again to give him another hug.

We laid out our Thai takeaway on our kitchen island and grabbed some plates not wasting any time since we were all incredibly hungry.

"Now, would you like a cocktail, wine or beer?" I asked Harry

"Oh, I don't actually drink Ava" now this really came as a surprise.

"Well, I drink here and there but barely. Thank you though, I'll take some water if that's okay"

I nodded and took out a glass, filling it up with some cold water from the fridge and handing it to him. There was a comfortable silence in the room as we continued to eat our dinner when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and made my way to the door not really knowing who to expect at the door since Jay wasn't coming over for dinner I opened the door to see Niall standing at the door.

"Oh my god, Niall!!" I jumped into his arms giving him a warm hug

"Surprise!" He laughed as he put me down placing a small kiss on my forehead.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming for another couple of months? Also loving this hair!" I giggled staring at his brown locks that were once blonde.

"Well I actually had a random meeting pop up here and so I thought I'd come to surprise my girls and stay for a bit if that's all good?" He asked

I nodded letting out a light squeal. He made his way to be met with indie tackling him into a large hug

"I had no idea you'd be here!" Indie squealed leaning down to give him a passionate kiss, I loved them together they were so incredibly adorable.

Once Niall had gotten up his eyes finally met Harry's

"Harold? Been a long time mate how are ya?" He smiled giving him a light hug

"Yeah Niall, a long time indeed it's great to see you." We continued talking for a bit, laughing and eating our leftover Thai food.

Harry's POV
It was quite surreal to see Niall, Indie and of course Ava again. I hadn't seen them in six whole years, and although I did talk to Indie and Niall here and there we all sort of lost touch a couple of years ago. Well, it was actually me who lost touch with them, they were still as close as ever and that was pretty damn evident. I watched as Niall picked Indie up spinning her around as they laughed, they seemed so genuinely in love with each other. I couldn't have been happier for them. Ava laughed throwing a cushion at them "alright lovebirds" she laughed "shut it, Stevenson, I haven't seen my beautiful girlfriend in two months okay!" Niall yelled back. Ava put her hands up in defence.

It was in that point that I realised exactly what I had been missing out on, for the last six years I've been travelling all over the world meeting new people, don't get me wrong I love what I do but I never could form any prominent friendships with anyone since I was in a new city every couple months. Aubrey was the only person I was really close to.

"Hey, guys?" They all looked up at me

"I'm sorry, I know we're not as close as we once were but I'm glad I'm here with you guys now and maybe we can make up for the lost time?" I asked

"It's okay Harry, regardless of everything that happened we love you, we always have" Niall spoke up, I couldn't help but smile thanking him and pulling him in for a hug.

Ava had dinner with us and then went into her room to catch up on some work calls. The rest of the night consisted of a whole lot of catching up as I learnt about Indies life as a fashion designer and Niall's life owning a beer brewery. It was amazing to see how far my friends had come. They also learnt about my life shooting documentaries and also about my life with Aubrey.

Ava joined us about an hour later and we continued to reminisce about our time on the trek and in New York. Ava was still as stunning as ever. I thought a lot about her and what would have happened if we had taken what we had and turned it into something more serious. The truth was, no one made me feel the way Ava did, not even Aubrey. I knew Ava felt something for me back in New York and I knew very well I felt something for her too but I was stubborn and I guess so was she, I knew I wouldn't be good for her plus I was also leaving the country so it would have never worked. Besides it's been six years, she's moved on and so have I.

I looked at the time to see that it was almost four am.

"I should probably go home" I yawned, tiredness taking over me.

"Nonsense it's pretty late it's going to be quite hard to catch an uber at this time and besides you and I have to begin wedding planning tomorrow so why don't you crash here?" Ava offered.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I smiled.