Chapter 16: Antonio Summers

"Do you want to get out of here?"

"Poison...stop."

"I mean it though. Let's go do something else."

"Don't you have to work?"

"Kind of, yeah, but as long as I stay in town and not too far from the warehouse, Alpha doesn't care."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, 100%."

"I do have to go grocery shopping."

"Can we go?"

"You want to go grocery shopping with me?"

"That sounds amazing."

"Okay, as long as that's something you want to do."

"It is."

Dakota shakes her head but doesn't argue. She slides out of my grip, grabs her purse from the corner of the booth, and pulls her wallet out of her bag. Oh, shit. I hope she doesn't get mad that I just had Scout put in on my tab, and I would pay it back later. 

I watch from the door, still wanting to keep a protective eye on her but having a quick exit if needed, and I can practically feel the frustration radiating off of her. I chew on my lower lip, running my hand over my head. She turns to me slowly, her eyes squinted into a death stare.

"Please don't kill me."

"No. No. No!"

"But I wanted to pay."

"No! I can pay for a salad."

"You shouldn't have to. I make enough to pay for a salad."

"So do I. You paid for lunch last time. Come on."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."

"Not you aren't. Don't lie to me."

I rub my forehead as she turns back to Scout to let her pay. But being the kissass he is, and wanting to support an MC brother, he ignores her request and turns back to the other customers.

"Fine then, but I will pay for something at some point."

"You can pay for your groceries."

"I mean like if we go out together. You weren't thinking of paying for my groceries, right?"

"No...?

I sprint out of the bar, leaving her fuming behind me. I hear the slamming of her feet against the ground as she runs after me, and I turn back to see her swinging her purse around like a madwoman.

I love her. There I said. I love her. I do not doubt it at this moment as she runs after me and is ready to whip me with her purse like a grandma that I love her. I don't need anything else to know. I want her to be mine, and I'm willing to wait for however long it takes.

I stop abruptly, feeling her slam against my back with a thunk. I burst out laughing as I turn around and see her sprawled on the ground, covered in dirt.

"Do you have a death wish?!"

"Do you, sweetheart?"

"No! You almost killed me!"

"I'm not ready to be haunted by your ghost. You would make my life hell."

"I don't need to be a ghost to do that."

I reach out my hand and tug her to her feet, instantly wrapping an arm around her waist. I press a sloppy kiss on her cheek, and she squeals, rubbing her cheek on her shoulder to brush away the saliva.