Chapter 4: Antonio Summers

It's only when Carbon walks into the room that I'm able to tell the crew about what happened with Dakota. They nod along to my story, concentrating on more important things at hand, but I honestly don't care, I just want them all to hear my beautiful voice.

"Poison, shut up for one second okay? I get that you think she's pretty, but I have been looking at the same thing for five minutes straight because of your babbling."

"How is it my fault that you can't concentrate on multiple things at one time, Bullet? Your life is supposed to revolve around me."

He glances up from the computer, his hazel eyes bright with ever-growing frustration. I'll take that as my cue to shut up for real this time. 

I may be annoying them and teasing them, but it's only fun when they want to take it. It's when they get pissed that I feel bad. I'm not trying to make anyone physically angry, I just want to play around to fill in the boring gaps of life. 

And I have to admit, even in my line of work, hurting bad people and everything, there are so many of them it's kind of ridiculous. I say that now, but when shit hits the fan, I'm going to wish I bit my tongue. 

That was a lot of idioms in one sentence.

Turning my attention back to my job, I scan the street cameras for anything out of the ordinary, but I don't see anything unusual. I've been on the job for the last two hours, and I know that my shift is coming to an end as I hear the warehouse doors banging behind me. 

Reaper's in a pissy mood. He always is when he has to leave Fifi's side. What a simp; I love it. Especially for a dude that kills people. They are bad people though, so who gives a shit?

"Go sleep, Poison."

"But I haven't caught you up on the Dakota Saga."

"You're calling it that now?"

"I called you and Fifi's relationship the Fantastic Fiona Film."

"And I kicked you so hard the next day that you have never said it again."

"Until now, bitch."

"Go sleep and go eat before I hurt you."

"You would never hurt me. Look at my beautiful face."

"Go."

"Fine."

My stomach grumbles, happy with my gracious exit and acceptance of leaving. As much as I want to, I'm probably not going to get a good sleep tonight. Food I always enjoy but sleep has never come easy. 

That's something most of us in the MC relate to. Whether it's due to complicated backgrounds or worries about the future, sleeping just doesn't work out that well. 

Plus, I'm terrified of taking sleeping pills or anything like that, so that's out of the question.

The drive to my home isn't very far. Maybe about twenty minutes from the warehouse. At night, it's not the safest drive in the world through the woods and down a dirt road, but it gives me the lasting exhilaration I need before winding down for the night. 

I roll to a slow stop at the top of my driveway, my garage opening with my key close to the door. I don't know how but Scout, our tech guy, set it up for me.

I park in my garage, closing the door behind me as I enter my empty home. It's not a mansion, not as large as Alpha or Reaper's house, but I can say with full certainty that I live comfortably. I'm not someone who wants that large of a house anyway.