Chapter 30: Dakota Knight

Exhausted from our activities, the both of us are quick to fall asleep with our legs tangled together, my head on his chest, my ear listening to the rhythmic sound of his heartbeat.

When I wake, I am sweating. Antonio, through the night, had practically pulled my body, so I am laying completely on top of him. My head was tucked into his neck, my pelvis pressed against his lower abdomen, and my breasts were flattened by his collarbones.

While during the night I was comfortable, right now, I could seriously use a change in position. I don't know how this is comfortable for him either. I would be dying, and not by the wait, but by the exchange of heat that's happening between our bodies as the sun begins to pour even more heat into our bedroom.

I rub gentle oval-shaped patterns on his ribcage, feeling the softness of his skin. I hear a deep, waking groan in my ear, an easy sigh releasing pressure in his chest, and his arms stretching as much as he can to the sides of him. Antonio wraps his arms around my back, one hand reaching down to hold my ass and the other caressing my spine, once again.

"Hi."

"Hi, sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

I didn't even notice the aching between my legs and not the good kind this time. A continuous and slightly painful throb erupts from my vagina, the intensity of last night being something I haven't experienced in quite some time. It's not like I haven't done anything sexual before, but I just hadn't had a partner in a while, and certainly not one like Antonio.

"A bit sore now that you point it out."

"Do you need anything?"

"I'll need food in a moment, but do you think we could just lay here for now?"

He wordlessly agrees to my plan to stay in bed, pressing a kiss to my head before having his attention pulled by the outside world. I slide my body into a more enjoyable position where my breasts aren't being crushed, but I don't stray too far from his touch.

His arm still wraps around my waist, his fingers drifting through my messy and knotted hair.

I hear his stomach grumble, mine rumbling soon after.

"I'll make food."

"Are you sure? I can help."

"You stay right there, Dakota. I'll bring it to you in bed."

Again, I'm not going to argue with that as long as I get the chance to make it up to him and provide for him sometimes.

He presses a lingering, confident kiss on my lips, and I left to my own devices. I tuck my arms underneath the pillow and look out to the flower-covered meadow. The branches of sparse trees hang low with the weight of the blooming buds. The green leaves are still there under the brilliant colors of the flowers that bloom from them.

The sky is clear, a perfect uninterrupted blue. The grass is tall and green, dandelions and wildflowers mixed upon the stretches of grass. Buried in the compacted cool dirt are worms and bugs, allowing nature to take its course in the birth of life and death.

A warm breeze shakes the branches of the trees, passes smoothly through the petals of the flowers, and eventually wraps itself up in my messy hair. Bees buzz along, pollinating the earth, and I watch in silence at the beauty of it all. I mean, the pure beauty of nature when it's hard at work.

Birds of all shapes, colors, and sizes do circles in the sky, maybe hunting or maybe just playing in the wind. The warmth in the air rejuvenates my soul. It gives me new reasons to step forward with confidence. It might be hot in this summer heat, but there is beauty in it. Clarity.

I don't know how long I sit there, admiring the small details of the world. It's difficult not to when I am surrounded by untouched wilderness - besides this cabin.

The rich masculine scent of citrus and fresh wood seep through my senses, and in return, I squeeze my thighs together even though I'm sore. I hear a deep, rumbling chuckle behind me. My head snaps away from the beautiful summer scene and back into the cabin. 

A blush flushes my cheeks as my man steps closer to me, his strong physique making butterflies flutter brutally in my stomach. He tosses me one of his t-shirts, noticing the goosebumps that line my skin.

A moment later and after I've put on the white t-shirt, he walks in with a tray of food and drinks. Chai tea, orange juice, and water all sit beside a plate of avocado toast, cut-up bananas and strawberries, and a few carrot sticks. 

I reach out for the tray to help him set it down in front of me. He comes in next with his tray of mood, matching my own besides the Chai tea which is black coffee.

"I forgot to ask about what this cabin is. How do you have it?"

"It was my father's. I think he was around eighteen when he was wanting a private campsite for some unknown reason, and he chose here, for another unknown reason. He handed it to me in his will, and I've been coming up here ever since. It connects me to him but also allows me to get back into nature."

"And why did you have to climb the fence?"

"Usually the rangers are here, but we got here late. I have the key because they know me so well. It tends to happen quite a bit when I travel, I get distracted."

"Have a lot of people seen this place?"

"You wonder if I've brought any other women here, huh? Are you jealous?"

I'm blushing, I just know it.

"No, I'm not jealous."

"Whatever you say. And no other girls. The only people that have been up here are MC men in case they need a hideout."

"What?!"

He smiles goofily down at me, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I'm kidding."

"You better be. I don't want to sleep in a place that's harbored criminals."

"Too late for that. Plus, don't you think that's fun? Pretending we're hiding from the law?"

"Do you have a Bonnie and Clyde kink?"
"As long as I'm Clyde."

"Oh, fuck off."

We finish off our breakfasts without a hitch in conversation. I love that we are so comfy around one another that there is no pressure to be anything but ourselves. Like I could talk about snail sex and reproduction, and he wouldn't think twice about it. 

Maybe that's just because he knows my brain so well, but either way, I am so grateful to have someone in my life like that. It's a bonus that I get to have sex with him too.

Antonio takes our trays back into the kitchen, but he doesn't return as fast as I thought he would. What if a bear got him? That would be so fucking sad. Oh my god. 

What if there's someone in the cabin? Am I about to die? Or am I going to be held hostage? Wait, wait, wait. Am I in my last moments of life right now?

But my thoughts are proved wrong when Antonio steps into the bedroom. I breathe out a sigh of relief, instantly taking the hand he holds out for me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yep, just thought I was about to die for a second."

"Do I ever want to know?"

"Probably not," I admitted with a shrug.

As I stand, his eyes ripple over my somewhat bare body (the t-shirt so large it falls off in certain places), soaking in my form. A growl erupts from deep in his chest. Is he a werewolf now? Not that I would mind, that's fucking sexy. 

My heart pounds as his eyes flicker lustfully. I take his hand and place a soft hand on his heaving chest. He instantly sweeps my platinum blonde hair away from my shoulder, his lips brushing against a spot of my neck. 

I certainly want him now. I want him to push up against the floor, yank down my underwear, and slam roughly into me. But I don't get the chance to initiate anything. Bummer.