#31: Misfits

Palace
Greenhouse

Eleanor entered to see if Keanne was around. She was surprised that the place was empty. She stepped back and felt someone behind her.

Turning to the direction, her eyes widened to see someone

Turning to the direction, her eyes widened to see someone. "Am I a ghost that you should make such an expression?", Xylan looked away. Eleanor made a generous distance and bowed very low. "Greetings to the future hope of Andaria".

"My brother is not here. I guess he's busy moving to his own House", Xylan walked towards the table in the middle. "Take a seat", Xylan ordered. Eleanor felt like running away but she nodded and did what was asked.

She sat a few meters away from the Crown Prince.

"Your Highness, what matters should we discuss?", Eleanor felt edgy. "How are you feeling?", Xylan asked.

"I am feeling great, your highness. Gil said I'm gaining weight... Gil", Eleanor remembered a letter on her table. When she woke up, there was a letter and a pile of daisies.

"I see. Gil is still in your place", Xylan noticed how Eleanor called him the same. "He's a good tutor. I guess he also has some things to settle", Eleanor sighed.

"He didn't tell you? Gil... Sir Gilbert Francisca had agreed to take the title of his father's Dukedom", Xylan informed. "Gil? I didn't know he'd have the desire to become a Duke. Plus, I never heard of Francisca before", Eleanor tilted her head. "What are the reasons why houses aren't registered in history books?", Xylan crossed his arms trying out how Eleanor studied the whole time.

"It's either they aren't rich enough or they are ill-mannered", Eleanor explained simply. "You are a council member and that is how you answer. Either way, that's how you can put it. The answer for Francisca not being placed in the registry lies within those two answers of yours", Xylan leaned on his palm. Eleanor noticed how Xylan's physique changed with time.

"He's just like Kiel", Xylan gave a mindless comment. "You know him?", Eleanor stood up. Xylan just raised his eyebrow and intimidated Eleanor. She sat down and cowered.

"You met Kiel? Of course. He's working at the Council Building", Xylan threw something to Eleanor. She caught it and opened her palm. She saw a candy wrapped in paper. If she won't eat it, the Crown Prince might be displeased so she does. It was fruity and sweet.

"He's a child of a former council who was pregnant during the genocide. My grandfather decided to let him live and become a slave of the Council for his entire life", Xylan revealed. Eleanor wanted to say something but the candy might fell off.

Xylan smirked since his plan of silencing Eleanor worked. Despite the attempt, Xylan saw such concern in Eleanor's eyes.

"What? Would you rather have him killed inside his mother's womb?", Xylan asked.

Eleanor kept silent. "How easy it would be if we could choose whether we want to live in this lifetime", Xylan had been talking sentimental things ignoring the fact that Eleanor was listening.