#29: Just Yesterday

House of Varian
Rose Garden 

"It's the time of year when flowers all around the Kingdom bloom, my lady", Gilbert informed while walking beside Eleanor.

"Ah~it's been a while since I've seen too much light. I think I'll pass from going further", Eleanor gave a short sigh.

"Is that so, my lady? Then, shall we go back to the library?", Gilbert said with a hint of disappointment from him. Eleanor noticed it. "I was just reminiscing how dark it was in the prison", Eleanor grabbed his arm and dragged him further inside.

"If I have the power, I could have...", Gilbert clench his fist. 

"Enough Gil. What's done is done. But then, I appreciate your concern. I am really a high-maintenance lady", Eleanor laughed. 

"Welcome back! Lady Eleanor", almost all of the servants are present. Eleanor's eyes widened. "I guess you really are", Gilbert had a short laugh. Seeing the man laugh, Eleanor flushed a bit yet hid her face from him. They started the welcome party with some of the servants playing music.

Palace Terrace

"How peculiar", Theo sat on the chair prepared for him overlooking the capital.

"What is, Your Majesty?", former Chancellor Dan, Aileen's father was promoted to be the Head of the Royal adviser.

"He will not show his fangs to me unless it's about his older brother", Theo smirked. "He is growing older, Your Majesty. He will soon break free from the cages he's been kept from", Dan smiled.

"Yes indeed. And so, when are you going to give your consent regarding your daughter's engagement? My son will soon have his coming-of-age party", Theo leaned on his palm. Dan flinched. "It is a great honor for my daughter to be chosen as the candidate for the Crown Prince's wife but... it is not my position to say whether she will take it or not. As long as she does not consent, I won't either", Dan bowed his head. "You're too soft with your child Dan. Aileen is such a capable woman. She's intelligent and she has the power to improve this kingdom", Theo stood up and looked down from the terrace.

He saw two ladies on the palace Court having a playful conversation. "Don't blame me if she doesn't end up next to the throne. You're aware that she's not the only one who is capable", Theo smiled.

Palace Court

"So, he smiled when the Crown Prince appeared", Claudia continued.

"I see

"I see. Jenos helped the Crown Prince catch the culprit. Now, I was wondering what he was doing while I was out of commission from the Council", Eleanor sighed. "Are you just fine? You can take a week's break. Plus, coming back to this place...don't you feel anger that they doubted your service ", Claudia looked at the ground and felt bad. "They're just doing what they're supposed to do. Claudia, if the nobles do not follow the law... How can they expect others to do the same?", Eleanor cupped her face.