Fifty Eight

"Love, seriously? Why do you want to pay her a visit?"

"I just want to see her, okay?

He scoffed. "I don't want to see her." he answered while driving. We are on our way to the rehabilitation center. I just want to see her. I don't want to talk to her or what, I just really want to see her.

"You can stay outside." I replied.

I know he's still enraged, of course he is. I am certain that it will last a long time.

"No, I'll come with you." he firmly said.

I smiled, "Okay." I said while holding his hand.

I really hope he learns to forgive her. I pray that soon he will learn not to incite anger in her, even though I know it's difficult and not easy.

"After this, I'm meeting Agent Lorenzo, are you coming with me?" I asked him.

I'm just enjoying my free time because I know next week, I'll be damn busy again. I really need to enjoy this week.

"Sure." he answered. I'm so delighted to know that they are in good terms now. Like, I'm really curious, what happened to them, huh?

"We're here." Hester said when we've arrived at the place.

God, we're finally here.

Pag-baba ko ng sasakyan, hinawakan agad ni Hester ang kamay ko.

I smiled, "I'm fine." I uttered. I know that he's worried about me.

"I am not." he rolled his eyes.

I softly laughed. He really despite her? God.

"Let's be quick, alright? I hate this place already." he said habang inaayos ang suot kong bull cap. We are both wearing our 'cover' outfit. Sunglasses, facemask and bull cap.

"Okay." I answered.

Pag-pasok namin sa loob ng rehabilitation center, the guard immediately asked us. I know na mahigpit dito, and I also know na hindi agad kami makaka-pasok because we're not her family, not even friends. Which is why I made a connection, nag-request ako kay Agent Lorenzo and thank God, he accepted my request.

When I said to the guard my request, and I even mentioned Agent Lorenzo's name, pinatuloy niya agad kami. I really wonder, bakit sikat na sikat si Agent Lorenzo sa field nila? Is he 'that' great?

"Bawal po pumasok, pasensya na po. Bibigyan ko kayo ng kalahating oras."

I quickly nodded my head, "Thank you." I answered.

Pag-alis no'ng guard tumingin agad ako kay Rose. We're just outside of her room, we can't even enter.

"Oh, God." I whispered when I saw her.

She's..

My God. I feel terrible for her. I feel sorry for her. She's sitting on her bed, staring out the window. She's quiet, and her face is.. empty, expressionless. Her face is devoid of any expression other than sadness.

What had truly happened to her? Why did she lost her mind? For three years, what happened to her? Is her obsession with Hester the true cause of her insane behavior?

"Where is my daughter?"

Napatingin ako sa gilid ko nang may marinig akong boses ng isang lalaki. He looks like a foreigner.

"I think we should leave now." Hester suddenly whispered to me.

"Wait." I answered while looking at that guy. I think he's —