Chapter Eight, Slowly but Surely

Slowly but surely Orion was starting to get better. Sirius had contacted his cousin Andromeda Tonks asking her if she could talk to Orion to help him. She had readily agreed as he was such a sweet boy. So once a week she would Portkey over after getting permission from MACUSA, and after school on Fridays she would come and have a chat with about how he was coping with everything and how he was feeling.

It took a while to open up to her but her patients and little coaxes even starting to just right in a diary to begin with which seemed to help. After awhile he started explaining how he felt a burden on everyone as he was scared that he would get hurt again. But he was starting to trust the pack especially as they're with him and Remus throughout the Full Moons. "How do you feel about Jasper, Orion?" Andromeda asked in another one of their sessions. Orion looked down at his fingers in his lap fiddling with them. How did he feel about Jasper? He didn't really know to he honest.

He did like him as he was much like the pack and protected him. And he hated being like this. He hated being scared all the time but he didn't want to get hurt again. And was he ready for a romantic relationship yet? No he wasn't and he hesitantly told Andromeda that. She smiled softly at her nephew in front of her. She wished she could take away all of his pain, but she couldn't. She could only help him now. "What about just getting to know each other first, Ori? You know he wants to take things at your pace. I know he's told you he'd never push or rush you." Andromeda said gently.

"And if you don't want to go to his house or where there is a lot of people yet. Why don't you invite him over as he's the only vampire allowed over as he's your mate. This way you others to help you if you feel scared and you could always have Jacob and the others with you. You can watch a film either here or at Billy's. Or anything you want Orion it's up to you. I know you hate feeling like this and the only to stop and get better is to try." Andromeda told him softly but sternly. Orion sat in thought for a moment and nodded Andy was right he had to try if he wanted to get better. "Can you please ask Mum and Dad if Jacob and the others and Jasper could come over to watch some films?" Orion said hesitantly.

Andromeda smiled happily at Orion and agreed calling in Sirius and Remus she told them everything they had a agreed on and they were so proud of their son as they pulled him into a group hug praising him and kissing his forehead. When they pulled apart they bid Andy goodbye as she left back home to England and Sirius sent a text to Billy letting him know the plan for Orion to get better and asked if the boys and Jasper found cone to theirs to watch some films which he readily agreed to getting Jacob to send a message to Jasper letting him know Orion would like him to watch films with him tomorrow but also letting him know he and the others would be there also.

{At the Cullens house}

Jasper had been playing Mario cart with Emmett when he felt his phone go off in his pocket. Quickly pausing the game and ignoring Emmett's complaints Jasper pulled his phone out of his pocket seeing he had a message from Jacob Black.

Jacob Black: Orion has asked me to ask you to come round tomorrow at 2 to watch films with him. But I And the others will also be there for Orion. Let me know if you're coming.

Jasper beamed happily at his phone accidentally letting his emotions flood on to everyone else as he quickly typed back saying he'd be there. He didn't care if some of the pack would be there he was just glad Orion's recovery was coming on do well and that he had asked him to come. Oh, he knew that Orion still had a long way to go yet. But it was a start and he would take every opportunity that came to him. He knew he and the pack would have to get used to each other and fast as they were both special to Orion. It was slow going getting over his natural instincts to hate the shifters but he would do it for his mate. He would never let Orion think he had to chose between him and his family and he didn't want Orion to think he hated him as well as he was also a wolf though different to the shifters.

He would not give his mate the wrong impression and he would definitely not screw this up either, he would rather die. Texting Jacob again he asked if they wanted him to bring any snacks for them and Orion. "Jasper come on!" Emmett whined in frustration. Jasper just rolled his eyes at his brother as Jacob text him back saying they had plenty of magical snacks Orion wanted them to try and even something for him which he found intriguing before his phone was snatched out of his hands by Emmett. "Emmett give me back my phone!" Jasper growled.

"No! Not until we have finished our game. I have needs to you know!" Emmett complained as he started the game once more putting Jasper's phone in his back pocket. Jasper growled but started playing the game again he couldn't wait until tomorrow.

 Jasper growled but started playing the game again he couldn't wait until tomorrow