Jungkook is lost for words to say to you. He opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. "I—" he starts, but his voice cracks. Instead, he hugs you again, kissing you on the head repeatedly while rubbing your shoulders and your arms. He moves your hair behind your ear and whispers, "You're everything, Y/n". He leans in, allowing your lips to meet one last time. You savor every second and every detail; the soft texture of his lips. The way he gently opens his mouth and switches from kissing your top lip to your bottom lip. The way his smooth fingertips graze along your cheek and your neck. The way his tongue lightly touches yours. The way he delicately sucks on your bottom lip. The texture of his eyebrow beneath your fingers as you go to push his hair back. Your tear that fell during your kiss and the way that he, so sweetly, kisses it away. He kisses your cheek, working his way toward your ear, one hand on the side of your neck and the other hand holding yours. Moving your hair behind your ear, once more, he leans in to say the words you never thought you'd hear—the words that you were too scared to say...

"I love you, Y/n".

Before you can even think of responding, he lets go of your hand and turns his back to you. With his head down, he walks toward Namjoon, Taehyung and Joon, and through the doors to the restaurant. Namjoon looks back at you and gives you a nod of respect and gratitude. Taehyung looks back and stares at you for a second before waving goodbye and disappearing into the restaurant with Namjoon, leaving you alone with Joon. In a mess of feelings, you say nothing. "I'm sorry, Y/n", Joon says to you. You don't respond. You reach to the back of your head and remove the butterfly brooch. You walk over to him to hand it over. "This is Nabi's", you say. He takes it from you with both hands. "I also have something for you". He hands you a bag—the kind you put presents in. Downstairs, you hear the boys loading into a vehicle. You look inside the bag. There's a bottle of white wine along with your clothes you wore to the concert, your shoes, and the bag containing the lingerie and oil you bought. You realize that Nabi knew they were leaving—that's what those mysterious phone calls had to have been about. You hear the vehicle drive off. Your heart drops. "I'm sorry", Joon apologizes, again, "all of your clothes were dry cleaned". You remain silent. "Y/n, your ride is here for you". He holds the door to the restaurant open for you. You walk in, down the stairs and out the front door. The only way to describe the way you feel is 'heavy'. You feel like you lost a fight. You feel drained. A white Mercedes-Benz is parked in front of the restaurant. Joon opens the back door for you to get in. "Any address and he will take you there", Joon tells you.

"Joon", you say. "Yes, Y/n?", he replies. "Jungkook said he would talk to you...but, please...give him my phone number...or something", you say, desperately. He thinks. "My phone number, my Instagram, my email address...something. Please. I'm begging you". Joon replies, "It goes against your contract. I can't do that. I'm sorry". You don't have the energy to argue with him. You tried. You sit down in the backseat. "Ah, I almost forgot", Joon says, reaching into the pocket on the inside of his jacket. He takes something out and hands it to you. It's a polaroid. "We photograph hotel rooms as proof of the condition they were left in, just to protect against charges. I requested this photo be taken for you", he says. You turn the light on in the backseat so you can see it. It's a picture of room 541—the bed closest to the window, covered entirely in red rose petals. Tears fall from your eyes as you think about the way everything was supposed to happen, tonight; about Jungkook and what his reaction would have been to his surprise. You can't believe it's ending like this. "Take care", Joon says, about to shut the car door. "Joon, I LOVE HIM", you blurt out. "Please help me", you beg. He sees your pain and desperation. "I—" he says, contemplating. "Joon, I LOVE him", you repeat. You can see him pondering as he watches the tears fall down your face.

Finally, he shakes his head. "I'm sorry. Take care, Y/n", he says, and closes the car door.

The End.

I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying!!

The EPILOGUE is coming when I hit 15,000 reads, so if you like this story, share it with your friends! I can't wait for you to read it! (: Stay tuned! ily guys!! <3

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading this. I've put so much time, thought, and love into this over the past two and a half months. I'm finishing this fanfic with 10,410 reads. I guess we'll see where it goes. Thank you to everybody who's supported me, given me feedback, suggestions, votes, etc. I'm sure you're familiar with my style of writing by now. If there's a member of BTS or a scenario you want to see me write about, send me your DMs! I definitely want to write another one--I'm just not sure about whom or what, yet.

Back in March, I was looking up lapdance/pole routines to BTS songs (because I was taking a pole dance/lap dance class at the time) on YouTube. I accidentally came across a one-shot fanfic and I had no idea these fanfics were a thing. I watched one and was oddly intrigued by it. I kept looking for others on YouTube and the few that I found were not well written, and I got frustrated, spending fifteen minutes watching something, just to turn it off. I jokingly told myself, "I'm just going to write my own". And I thought about it. I decided to give it a try. My original intention was to write a quick, one-shot smut. But, in writing, I got taken away by my imagination and I completely fell in love with writing this story. Even in my free time, I was thinking about where I wanted this story to go. I had no idea it would turn into something so huge (my word document is FORTY pages, SINGLE SPACED). It also kept me busy during quarantine, which has had points of being very mentally difficult for me...but writing this has provided me with so much joy and relief. Fun fact: almost every day that I wrote this, I was eating avocado and sweet potato sushi and drinking bubble tea at the same time. I got into a psychological habit. Whenever I decided I was going to work on my fanfic, I was like "okay, let me order my sushi", lol. There's a lot of myself in this-- and yeah, I'm vegan, too. (:

Anyways, I hope you found a blissful escape in reading this as much as I found one in writing it.

Thank you for everything, army. This won't be the last time you hear from me.

Love, always,

Samantha Michelle.