Chapter 10: Defeat?

10:18 PM
Blyke POV
Languid City
Day 6 of John's Suspension

I have been continuing this hero business, my next target was here in this city. Man, school hasn't been going the way I had hoped. I needed to get out and vent.

Okay here goes....

After the first meeting bombed, we had tried everything we could do to fix it. I could tell Remi was down in the dumps about what happened but she continued to encourage Isen and I to not give up. I met up with the low tiers to see what I could do to make them feel more safe. They told me that they wanted their own hangout space, away from the bullies and mid-elite tiers.
Isen went to see the mid tiers who caused the disturbance and they said the same thing. We told Remi and she rejected it. She was insistent on bringing everyone together. I get it. She wants everyone to get along and build peace within the school that way but right now, it seems hopeless. Both want to be with their own kind, in this case people with similar strength. The ones who are stronger usually see the ones below as worms beneath their feet. It isn't right but that's just how the world works. That's what I've been told at least. I want that to change.

I had tried getting to know the low tiers. I tried chatting with them, hanging out with them more, doing whatever to know them better. Through this I want them to see that not everyone above them in terms of strength is a total jackass. Arlo was right. Us royals need to be an example and have others follow. I sure hope that Isen has done his part however. Whenever I ask him, he just says "oh, I'm working on it." Isen just doesn't get it. He hasn't put himself in their shoes. As for the club, it is still ongoing. We still hold meetings in the same classroom. The thing is that so far only people would just stay within their own groups on opposite sides. We tried to hold activities to get them together but nothing has brought them closer. Ugh! This is so frustrating! We were to supposed to fix the mess that John had bright to this school. We needed to take advantage of the fact that he's gone for now and yet, we haven't even fixed a bit of the problem!

Enough of that, I need to get focused! I was on the roof of a tall building, looking around for my target. Her name was Narcissa, and her ability I believe was "Hair Exentsion." Her level was around 2.8 but from experience, I expected her to be an elite tier.
I must not let my guard down around her!
I looked around and then I heard a scream!

"G-get out of here! Please! Just l-leave me alone!"

!!

I then leapt from the building and hurried over to the source. I was still high up when I got there. I looked and saw and a brown haired man being strangled by a woman with violet hair. I also saw three others collapsed on the floor near her. Well there's my target, time to kick her ass!

"Let her go you treacherous fiend!"

I went down and stood up in front of her. She looked away from the other guy and at me.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?"

"I'm just here to kick you out of town, you old hag!"

After saying that, I saw two long strands of hair appear. She then lunged them at me.

"Take this you little brat!"

I activated my ability and avoided her attack by moving side to side. I then propelled myself towards her. Using one hand to launch myself in the air, I used the air to throw an energy beam right at her. It connected!

!!

The blast did hit her. I saw her hair covering her body. Crap, she blocked it! Before I knew it, I saw four strands of her wrap around me. She got me! I have to move. I tried to fly out but I was too slow. I was grabbed by the leg and thrown to floor. I was then grabbed by each limb, hanging in front of her. I was captured.