Chapter 7: Revenge?

8:00 AM
Arlo POV
Wellston High

The school is in a state of panic. In all my years here, I have never seen so much chaos.
The hierarchy is in the worst shape it has ever been. Everyone has been doing their own thing, taking it upon themselves to remedy this situation. I don't know anymore. What am I supposed to do in this situation?
The king is supposed to lead by example and enforce order. Instead, he wants to have everything burn around him. If only there was a way I could get rid of him and restore this place!

I was walking around the halls, looking around to see if any Joker's cross my path. In the past, I would like to not be in the same place with many people. I prefer to have a calm place. I wanted everyone to know their place. I needed the most powerful people to set their influence and to get rid of anything that disturbs. Who would have guessed that a unknown "cripple" would run this school into the ground....

"Run! Run for you life!"

"He's coming this way! Let's get out of here!"

What could it be this time? I stopped one of the students fleeing my way.

"What's going on? Tell me everything."

"A-arlo! T-there's a J-J-Joker running rampant upstairs!"

"Just leave it to me. I'll take care of it."

This Joker sounded different from the others. I heard that Remi and the others have been trying to best to rid the school of Jokers. For some reason, I have a nagging feeling. I'll check it out. This better not be a waste of my time!

I ran up the stairs and the second I entered, I saw three students, unconscious and bloodied.

!!

There is only one person who could be this violent.....this is bad. What is his problem now?

I ran the hallway, hoping to one into him. On the way, there was countless bodies lying around. Blood could be seen everywhere. I was starting to get irritated. How could you do this, John? What have these guys done to you?

Reaching the end, there he was. Joker was standing there, holding a knocked out student in one arm.

"John! What is the meaning of this!?"

He gave no reply. All he did was give me a middle finger. I get it. You despise me. You  hated the fact that I exposed you, that I humiliated you. You hate my guts. So tell me why....WHY DO YOU NEED TO GO THIS FAR!?

"JOHN! THAT'S ENOUGH! I HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!"

"Right back at you. Everyone in this school deserves a beating. They brought this on themselves. And you. You are full of yourself, believing that you had done good for this school. You are an arrogant piece of shit who fails to get the big picture!"

"You're the one who's an arrogant little brat! You always whine and punch when things don't go your way!"

"Why don't you shut up and learn your place."

That was the last straw. Without thinking I went up to him and grabbed by the tie. He then put his arm right at me and shot me in the face. I managed to block with my other arm in time. You have an explosion ability, huh? Did you take it from rooftop kid?

John then threw more missiles right at me. He's trying to force me to use my barrier. The last time we fought, I had my head smashed to the ground. I knew fighting him would be futile but I couldn't help it. I wanted this scum to pay!

I ran up to him, dodging all his attacks. Once I was in close range, I trapped John and myself in a barrier.

"You're not getting away from me!"