Chapter 24 Walking Home

Chapter 24

[Francis' POV]

We weren't able to spend the whole 3 days of vacation because of the unexpected twist of event. In the morning of the following day Clarence was very woozy. When asked, he would respond that he's ok and there's nothing wrong and that he'd probably need some rest.

During that time everyone was so upbeat and keyed up for the day's activities except for Clarence, instead, he opted to stay to rest though we persuaded him to join us. First, we did the island hopping. We also tried different water activities like the banana boat riding offered by the resort nearby. After an exhausting time at the beach we all decided to settle down so we headed towards home.

We were almost at the gate of the house when I saw tita Mira with a worried expression on her face.

"Tita bakit po? Mart inquired.

"Si Clarence inaapoy ng lagnat! Binigyan ko na sya ng gamot pero hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin bumababa yung lagnat nya." Tita Mira explained. "Palagay ko kagabi pa may dinaramdam na yon eh, nadatnan ko sya sa kubo ng mag isa." She added.

It sank into me, maybe that's the reason why he was so warm last night when I hugged him.

"Nasaan po siya Tita? Edz asked.

"Nasa kubo sya. Ayaw nya pumasok sa bahay. Gusto nya daw sa kubo dahil presko."Tita Mira retorted. "Magsipag ligo na kayo para makakain na kayo." She added.

"Si Clarence po kumain na po ba? I asked.

 "Hindi sya makakain eh. Bawat kinakain nya sinusuka nya rin. Kaya hindi rin siguro bumababa yung lagnat nya kasi yung gamot na pinaiinom ko sinusuka rin nya." She responded.

After we took a bath and changed clothes we went to see him. We found him sitting by the window. When he looked towards us he managed to show a faint smile.

"Clarence ayos ka lang? I asked.

"Do I look like I'm ok?" He responded sarcastically.

"Grabe may sakit ka na nga mataray ka pa rin." I joked.

"Sorry! He said weakly.

 In the middle of the conversation, he suddenly threw up out of the window that's why Edz rushed towards him.

"Gurl! Anong masakit sayo?" She inquired while running her hand at his back. "Gurl ang taas ng lagnat mo." She added.

" We should take him to the hospital, Malay naten na dengue na pa la yan." I suggested.

Upon hearing what I said he suddenly went frantic.

"No guys! No! Please! This is just an ordinary fever." He asserted. I saw a fearful child who didn't want to see a doctor that's how he looked like. "Let's just........go home." He said hesitantly. "I wanna go home. Please guys let's just go home" He was pleading like a child.

 Everyone was silent. "Ok uwi na tayo mamayang hapon." I asserted that broke the silence.

"Sige ayusin na nating yung mga gamit natin para ready na tayo mamaya." Edz conceded.

When everything was settled we talked to Tito Luisito and Tita Mira. We gave them our sincere gratitude and goodbyes even to Ronnie. Actually, they didn't want us to go because of Clarence's condition but Clarence was very persistent in the end they just gave in. Before leaving they gave us their word that we could go back again anytime we would have our outing or vacation and we said, definitely we would go back again.

  Late in the afternoon we finally hit the road. Everyone was silent when Clarence started to sob.

"Gurl bakit may masakit ba? Edz asked.