Chapter 35 Fleeting Time

Chapter 35

[Ryan's POV]

When I came to Clarence's house to give him a ride to school on my motorcycle, I found him lying on his bed, though he was already wearing his uniform. He was terribly sick. He could hardly move. They've been having arguments before I arrived. His parents kept on persuading him, convincing him, and even begging him not to go to school since he was not in a good shape.

Kaya lang wala rin nagawa ang mga magulang nito since he said to them that this would be his last day to go school. He finally made the decision to stop going to school since he didn't want everyone in the class to know his condition. "Ayoko kong makita nila ang itsura  ko pag talagang grabe na ako. Ayokong kaawaan nila ako kaya hihinto na ako." Paliwanag naman nito. "Please Nay, Tay, hayaan nyo muna akong makapag paalam sa mga kaibigan bago ako huminto. Gusto ko silang makita at mayakap kahit sa huling pagkakataon." Pakiusap naman nito sa mga magulang nya.

Seeing how desperate he was, there was no way he would take no for an answer so, "Huwag po kayong mag alala tito, tita iingatan ko sya! Sasamahan ko sya buong oras sa school. Hindi ko po sya iiwanan at ihahatid ko sya hanggang sa pag uwi." Paliwanag ko naman. Witnessing my resolve, they eventually  gave in and let us go.

Since he felt weak his body was leaning on my back and he was holding his hands around my waist as forcefully as he could. When we got into the school, I saw Francis walking his way into the building. Bahagya naman itong nahinto sa paglalakad when he saw us. 

When we got inside the room, Clarence was trying his best to act as if nothing was wrong with him. When he took his seat, Edz approached him and gave him a hug which was a routine for everyone, belonging to their group. " Gurl ok ka lang? Parang ang tamlay mo ngayon! Tingnan mo yung labi mo ang putla." She stated.

"Ok lang ako noh! Anemic kaya ako, kaya maputla ang labi ko." He explained.

I was just staring at him and couldn't help to wonder, where could he be getting all his energy to stay lively and active, considering he could hardly move earlier this morning. He was clowning around, making everyone laugh with his silly jokes, giving everyone a tight hug. He was smiling and all that, though I knew deep inside him he was caving in.

I felt my stomach lurch, when the thought of him dying suddenly crept out of my mind. There was a pang of sadness and guilt lingering inside of me. I wanted to scream and let everyone know about his sad plight but I didn't want to add more to his sufferings.

"Oi tol!! Umiiyak ka ba? Beam inquired abruptly.

I didn't notice tears were forming in my eyes while watching Clarence. I was caught off guard. "Putek ka Beam! Bat ako iiyak! Napuwing lang ako ugok!" I alibied.

The whole time, my eyes were on him, fearing something terrible might arise. During lunch, I went to his table to bring him some food. Everyone was silent, I didn't say a word I just motioned him to take the food which he did and he just said "thank you" and I went back to my table. I knew all eyes were on us, but I no longer cared. I knew my actions would not escape the prying eyes of people around us since they were not used to seeing me treating Clarence that way, but it no longer bothered me. A few minutes later, I saw him stood up and walked towards Francis, who was sitting on the far opposite side of the cafeteria with Arkee.  I saw Arkee stood up and left them both. I couldn't make out of what they were talking about, but there wasn't any sign of repulsion coming from Francis. I assumed they were already ok.

---------------------------------------00000000000000000000000000000-------------------------------------------

[Francis' POV]