Chapter Two (editing)

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to meet you man, I'm Jacoby." He introduced.

"Adonis."

"If you need something, let me know." Jacoby offered.

"Yeah, thanks man." Adonis tells him. He wasn't really there to make friends. He just wanted to get his senior year over with so that he could continue on with his career. None of that would take long considering that the days were flying by.

The only person that he knew at this school was his first cousin, Malik McKnight. People thought that they were brothers because of how much they favored one another in looks. They both took their fathers looks. Their fathers were brothers who happened to look like twins but they weren't.

Malik and Adonis were close since the sandbox days. Adonis has yet to see his cousin around school. Those two together were hell on earth.

"You gonna be at the skating rink, tonight?" Jacoby asked Ember.

Ember nodded her head, "I have to work."

"Then I'll see you there."

"On a Tuesday night?" Ember asked confusedly.

"Old people's night. My grandma wants to come." Jacoby explained.

"Oh."

"Hopefully on your break, you can come chill with me." Jacoby continued.

Adonis listened in on their conversation. He found it funny how Jacoby was making his move on Ember but she clearly wasn't catching on. After his last words, Ember didn't say anything, only nodded her head. Adonis just shook his head, he could tell that she didn't talk much or just didn't know how to hold a conversation. Jacoby was just trying to get in her panties, Adonis could tell but he didn't blame him. Ember's pretty as hell.

When the bell rang, everyone happily rushed out except for Adonis who was still gathering his things. He glanced beside him and Ember was just climbing to her feet as well.

"Ember?" Adonis asked. He felt the need to get to know her and snatch her up before Jacoby does. Although Adonis didn't want a relationship, maybe it was just being with Sasha that stressed him. The break up already had him feeling lonely and having hoes didn't cut it. They were only for a quick nut, and he wasn't trying to get to know any of them.

"Y-yeah." Ember stuttered as she looked up at him.

Adonis was staring at her lower half. Ember wore a pair of biker shorts with a matching top.

"Let me take you out, ma." Adonis says.

"Take me out?" Ember's eyes widened. She'd never had a boyfriend before and no one had ever approached her the way that Adonis just did.

Ember knew the reason why no one had ever asked her out. It was because of her father and the history behind her family. They were all kingpins and her mother was in with them. There were so many horror stories floating around about her parents. Half of them were true and kids at the school didn't want any parts of it. When it came to Ember and Justin, they protected them at all costs.

Her father, Xavier known as X and her uncles, Ezra and Ian ran boys away. They weren't even allowed to look her way.

"That's what I said, ma." Adonis chuckled.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Ember tells him.

"Why not?"

Ember didn't know how to tell him. She couldn't just come right out and say it. It would sound so stupid. She looked up at Adonis. He was so fine to her. There was no way that she could turn him down. Namiko was going to be excited that Ember even had a date.