Y

"hey.. please don't cry."

yeonjun whispered to beomgyu's ear as the boy hug him while crying. hearing him sob crushes his heart.

even though he can't see him, he can still smell his perfume. his scent never changed.

yeonjun sighed then hugged him tighter. how he missed his warmth. months of being away from him felt like years for him.

"h-hyung, we missed you," he heard kai's shaky voice. he smiled as he felt kai hugged him too.

they're here with me.

"go easy on yeonjun, you guys are crushing him." soobin said, but he's smiling from ear to ear while looking at the two guys hugging yeonjun.

they let yeonjun out of their arms after a minute, while beomgyu stayed beside him on the hospital bed.

"so.. how are things going? did the doctor schedule you for an operation or..?" taehyun asked while peeling an apple.

beomgyu looked at yeonjun, who is just staring at the wall in front of them. he seems to be in deep thought.

unconsciously, he held his face and turned his head to his direction.

"hey, i'm here. please don't think that you're alone in this." he whispered at him.

yeonjun exhaled then nodded. he knew that, but he can't shake the fear out of his mind.

"the doctor said that.. the operation will be in two weeks-"

"that's great, right?" kai exclaimed.

"but not here."

the four exchanged confused looks, waiting for more explanation.

"okay, what do you mean 'not here'?" soobin asked more.

yeonjun sighed then closed his eyes. "my mom said that i should get treated somewhere else, i don't know.. she wants us to go to canada."

kai gasped. "canada? but why? you can get treated here, we have lots of doctors for that!"

"yeah that's what i said too. but my dad is there, and my mom wants to visit him-which is weird because they got divorced. but i think i'll be back after months." yeonjun explained further.

beomgyu shook his head. "b-but we just saw each other. you can't leave me again-fuck," he struggles on finding the right words.

yeonjun felt his panic so he tried to hug him. his hands grasps on beomgyu's, trying to console him.

"beom, it's just a couple of months. i won't leave you," he said, trying to assure him.

"um, you know what, we'll be back later. you two can talk here, we'll eat outside." soobin stood up and smiled at beomgyu who was now calming himself, followed by kai and taehyun. the three went outside and closed the door.

beomgyu sniffles, trying to stop some unwanted tears. he didn't want yeonjun to know or even hear that he's crying.

"i'm sorry."

two words. who knows those two words can hurt beomgyu like crazy?

"n-no, i understand your mom. you should go see your dad and just try to recover from all of this-"

"i'm sorry, for not telling you all of this."

beomgyu snapped. he's tired of hearing him say sorry all over again.

"why are you sorry? just why? i'm the one who should be sorry! you were alone here, and i didn't even try to find out what the hell happened to you! i was a useless friend-"

he stopped talking when yeonjun pulled and hugged him. he was holding him so tight, like he was afraid of letting him go.

"it's not your fault, okay? none of this is your fault. i left without telling you, i was trying to not involve you on my problem," yeonjun said.

"that's bullshit."

"beom, don't cuss-"

"you know, soobin said you got blind because of an accident a year ago. what accident?"

yeonjun just stayed quiet, like he didn't hear his question. beomgyu waited for his answer while tapping his fingers on the bed.

after a while, he still didn't get an answer so he stood up and pretended to leave.

"if you won't answer, I'll leave."

no word came from yeonjun's mouth.

"okay fine i'm lea-"

"that accident." he stopped walking when his best friend spoke and went back to sitting beside him.

his eyebrows furrowed. "that accident? is that a hint or something?"

yeonjun gulped, as if he was having a hard time speaking.

"when we were on 10th grade."

"but i don't remem-shit." beomgyu paused. now he remembered that accident.

i knew it. it was my fault all along.

he ran his fingers through his hair while muttering some curses. why did he not realize this sooner?

"j-junie i'm so sorry, it's my fault-everything's my fault-"

"what? no! listen to me, this isn't your fault okay? besides, i'll be fine. i'll leave and get my eyes treated, and then after a few months i'll be back to you. everything will go back to the way it was," yeonjun was trying to calm him while holding his hand.

he may not see him but he can still hold him like before.

beomgyu breaths deeply. "a-are you sure you'll come back here?" he was looking at him intently.

yeonjun can't see the pain in his face. he can't see how messed up he is right now. he just can't, and it's all because of him.

"yes. i will always come back to you, no matter what happens. so, do you trust me?"

beomgyu smiled a bit then intertwined his hand with yeonjun's.

"i do. i trust you with my life."

and before he knew it, yeonjun left again. and now, all beomgyu have to do is to wait for him.

no matter how long it takes.