R

"she did what?!"

it's wednesday, and the four boys are eating lunch at the school cafeteria while talking to each other.

they were eating peacefully not until hueningkai told them something.

"as i was saying-"

"your sister crashed your scooter on a fucking car and now she's injured and you need to pay for the damages?!" soobin yelled, completely shocked by the situation.

the younger nodded, still sad about the fact that his favorite scooter died. he didn't even get to ride it one last time.

"your sister is crazy." beomgyu commented while munching on his burger.

"reminds me of that time when she forgot to turn off the stove and nearly burned their house down." taehyun added. he only got to meet kai's sister once, and that was a horrible experience. she tried to cook for him but failed miserably so they ended up eating ramen.

beomgyu and soobin laughed, totally agreeing with what taehyun said.

"my dad quickly drove back to her place to check on her, and to settle the payment."

"that's good to hear, but why do you look so down?" beomgyu can't help but ask. the boy looks really sad, and he doesn't know if it's because of his sister or the scooter.

"it's because i'm alone in the house and i don't even know a thing about house chores. my dad said he'll be back tomorrow, but I'll be dead before he arrives!"

for Pete's sake.

the three looked at kai weirdly. he's their youngest friend but sometimes they forget that he's the babiest of them all. he literally can't live without a guardian.

soobin rubbed the back of his boyfriend, trying to calm him. "if it really bothers you, then why don't we sleep there tonight?"

taehyun's eyes widened. that would be a bad idea because the last time they had sleep over, he nearly killed kai because he snores so loud.

"ah hyung i think that wouldn't be necessa-"

"sure hyung! I love that!" beomgyu cuts off his sentence, beaming happily.

taehyun sighed. if beomgyu's gonna be happy, then it's fine. he'll just put up with kai's snoring.

"then it's settled! kai, inform your father about this. after the school, pack your things and then we'll see each other at kai's house." soobin announced.

"yay! we're gonna have so much fun!"

after class, beomgyu managed to get home and convince his mom that they'll be having a long term project for the finals, and that they need to do it over night. she believed him after he mentioned soobin's name.

soobin is practically his mom's trusted ones.

beomgyu packed his stuff and head to kai's house which is three blocks away from his. when he arrived, the gate is already open so he just went straight inside.

"finally! i almost thought your mom didn't allow you to sleep here," soobin mumbled while holding four packs of ramen.

taehyun is sleeping on the couch, and kai's picking up pieces of trash.

"i'm sorry but you forgot the part where i had to walk for several minutes." he replied. he put his bag in kai's room, which is filled with stuffed toys.

soobin is still holding the packs of ramen when beomgyu got out. doesn't he need to cook that or something?

"why are you still holding that? just cook it, i'm kinda hungry."

soobin stared at him. "we can't. this is the only food in his house, can you believe that? FOUR PACKS?!"

"it's because my dad forgot to buy groceries," kai pouted.

he wasn't shocked. kai doesn't cook, and his father is not that good at playing gordon ramsey either so yeah. beomgyu expected it.

he pulled out his wallet and waved it to them. thankfully, his mom was feeling generous and decided to give him some cash.

"let's go buy groceries then."

soobin gasped, grabbing his wallet. "your mom is an angel. but, you don't know anything about grocery so I'm gonna bring taehyun with me."

"but tae's asleep!" he pointed at the boy who is still sleeping on the couch.

soobin went closer to taehyun and pushed him off the couch— earning a cuss from him.

"now he's not."

"what the fuck was that for?!" taehyun yelled at the boy, while soobin just dragged him out of the house.

beomgyu grunted and sat on the couch. the tv was playing a movie which he watched a year ago, when he still had a lot of time.

"you know that movie?" kai asked, sitting beside him with a bowl of popcorn on his hands.

"yeah, i watched it before." beomgyu is confused, he thought there was no food in this house.

"i thought there's no food left." he stared at the popcorn.

kai laughed. "there is food, just chips and some random candies my sister keeps."

beomgyu chuckled. he's scanning the living room when his eyes found something.

it's a picture of them when they went to a concert. including yeonjun. he can't help but stare and think.

when was the last time we smiled like this?

"no, kai's allergic to peanuts you idiot." soobin smacked the back of taehyun's head, causing him to drop the pack of peanuts he was holding.

"I'm not gonna feed it to him! I'll be the one to eat these you moron!" he replied, putting the peanuts back in the cart.

soobin just rolled his eyes and continued to pick vegetables. he knew his friends' allergies, and he also knew what they like to eat so it's easier to choose food.

it's one of the perks when you cook for them.

he picked up some carrots and handed it to taehyun.

"hyung, where did he go?" taehyun asked after a while.

"what- you mean the peanuts? i thought you put it there?" soobin is still busy choosing meat.

"no. i mean yeonjun."

soobin froze. he sighed, then put the meat in the cart. he looked at taehyun who's expecting an answer from him.

"seriously? i don't know. it's not like i can talk to him-"

taehyun cut him off. "quit lying to me. you can fool beomgyu, but not me. i know that you go to busan on thursdays, and I'm guessing it all has something to do with yeonjun."

the older sighed again. taehyun is one hell of an fbi. if he won't tell him, maybe he'll figure it out himself.

"I'll tell you when after our sleep over. just please, don't tell beomgyu."

taehyun nodded. soobin doesn't wanna tell him yet, but he really didn't have a choice. after all, no secret remains hidden forever.

I can't keep this for too long.