Chapter 1

"Ginger snap bakery, how can I help you?"

"Hi. Um...What do you guys have?"

"As in products available today?"

"Yes."

Juniper hadn't thought it through when she decided to call the first bakery she'd found in her area, but then she often didn't think things through. That was why her mother often called her impulsive.

"You can check out our website for information if you want to, it'd be easier than me rattling off a list of names."

"Okay, but I want something now so just tell me what the best things you have are."

"Well there's our lemon cheesecake, red velvet cookies and assortment of macarons for example."

"The cheesecake sounds good...Tell me, do you actually have any ginger snaps?"

The guy on the line chuckled. "Of course we do, it's in the name. We have many ginger flavored things too. It'd probably be easier if you came in to see our selection."

"I would but I can't be bothered right now. Do you do home deliveries?"

"Sadly, no."

"Okay then, I'll get my dad to drop in. Thanks for your help!"

"You're welcome! Have a nice day and call any time."

What a nice guy, Juniper thought as she put down the phone. She'd only moved in about two weeks ago and she was already getting a good impression of her new home.

She'd moved along with her younger sister and mother for her dad's new job, so she figured that the least he could do was bring her a sweet treat.

"Dad, can you drop by Ginger Snap Bakery on your way home from work and get me a lemon cheesecake please?" "Sure honey. Is everything alright at home?"

"Yes, I'm just bored."

"Okay, well try to find something useful to do while you wait. Why don't you take a walk around the neighborhood?"

"I've done that already" Juniper whined, making her father laugh.

"Go hang outside in the garden then. Fresh air will do you some good."

"Alright then. Bye dad."

"Bye honey."

The back garden was small but nicely set out, so Juniper grabbed a deck chair and sat down with her tablet in the shade. One thing crossed her mind: to check out Ginger Snap Bakery's website.

They advertised themselves as a place where you could find many interesting treats, with a special on rotation each month. It honestly seemed heavenly, and it increased Juniper's desire for that lemon cheesecake.

When her father came home she practically pounced on him, but he didn't have what she was looking for. "Sorry honey they were all sold out, so I bought you an eclair."

The eclair was delicious, but Juniper still wanted that cheesecake.

"I know what I'll do" she thought, "I'll call them tomorrow and get them to put a piece aside for me."