Chapter 35

Despite not all being professionally trained, Phasma thought that the Resistance soldiers fought valiantly. However dozens had been killed, and almost the entirety of the remaining soldiers had evacuated, leaving Phasma alone to hold an entire army off, and it was taking its toll. Dozens of laser blasts had already hit her armour, she was thankful she picked the deflective, and nearly indestructible chromium as her armour material, but there were gaps and she wore no helmet, making it only a matter of time before a shot found its target.

Three of her blasters had either ran out of ammunition, or had malfunctioned, but she just pulled another one from her belt and kept firing. So far over a hundred stormtroopers lay dead among the thousand others by her hands alone. Adrenaline coursed through her veins, she could only hope it would-

ZEIW

A laser blast managed to hit her between her breast plate and right shoulder plate, immediately, possibly fatally rendering her right arm inoperable. It also put her in shock, she desperately tried to fight it, but all her mind would let her focus on was her injury. She knew this was it, she knew it would take only a second for another shot to blow her head clean off. She waited.

BJWZOO

POW

POW

Not dead Phasma forced herself to focus. Now standing between her, and the First Order was an older man wielding a blade not unlike Kylo Ren's, but green.

"Skywalker?"

"Go! If you leave now you will catch a shuttle!"

Finally able to think clearly again Phasma did not leave, instead she raised her good arm, and started firing again.

"I fought for the First Order for too long, now at least I can kill some of the monsters I helped create. It is an honour to fight by your side Jedi."

Luke felt uneasy about a soldier sacrificing herself in his name, but he understood the need to redeem oneself. Besides, from where he fought there was little he could do to get her to safety.

His lightsaber deflected all bolts that came towards him, but only some of them hit a Stormtrooper. The tall warrior in chromium armour was truly the one who was keeping there ranks from coming any closer, but from her injured arm, and the beads of sweat pouring from her face, he wasn't sure how long she would survive. On his own he wasn't sure how long he would survive either.

From the center of there ranks a tall young man emerged, he wore all black, which signified his rank. He carried in front of him a purple energy shield as tall as he was with one hand, and in the other a blaster with precise aiming enhancements. He poked the weapon through his shield, aimed, steadied his hands, and pulled the trigger.

A single bolt was fired, Luke readied himself in a defensive stance, but he realized too late that the bolt wasn't aimed at him. He quickly turned to see the shocked, and dimming face on the soldier, smoke coming from between her breast and chest plates. Before she could even hit the ground a trooper shot a grappling gun at her and it managed to entangle her right arm. They pulled her into there ranks so quickly Luke could barely see her try and desperately pull at her entangled arm before disappearing into the wall of white. Looking at the slowly closing in stormtroopers, Luke no longer could see the cowardly man anymore, not even the light of his shield. All Luke could do now was fight to save his sister, the Resistance, and to avenge the women he fought beside.

The AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transporter finally landed, and Leia was happy to see when it opened that it contained her missing spy, and not a platoon of First Order Stormtroopers. Two other women stood in the opening of the ship, one was middle aged with greying black hair, and the other was about Finn's age and was clearly the other's daughter, the only difference was her skin was slightly darker than her mother's. Vi Moradi came directly to Leia, and held out her hand.

"It's good to see you General Leia."

Leia took the woman's hand and shook it.

"It's good to see that you are alive Starling."

Her short curly hair was still bleached blonde, clearly she had lost her favourite black and blue wig sometime in the last two weeks. Her eyes were now amber which complimented her golden brown skin, Leia couldn't tell if she was seeing the spies true eyes for the first time, or if this was just another one of her wide variety of colourful contacts.

"Is it to late to report that there are First Order ships in the area?"

"Sadly yes, but you are here now, and I assume you can help."

"Yes actually. You remember my mission to Parnassos?-"

Gun fire came from over head. Looking up Leia could see that there ships were now in a dog fight with a handful of First Order TIEs. If they didn't leave soon they would be overwhelmed from ground and air. Thankful almost everyone was boarded. Out of nowhere BB-8 came rolling out of the mine, Poe and Finn were right behind him, they were the last of the Resistance in there. The last besides Luke.

"I'll make this brief. The planet is almost completely uninhabitable, half of it now being a barren radioactive dessert. In the centre of that dessert however is an underground shielded mining facility, more armoured than this one even, it has enough supplies to feed an army for almost a decade, and the miners just left behind gallons of already refined fuel. There is a fully stocked infirmary run by droids, and a lowering platform that leads into an area that I believe could hold a few ships. Phasma at some point whipped it from the First Order's databanks, they don't know it exists. Siv and Torbi have been living there for over twenty five years, and they are perfectly-"

Poe spoke up.

"Sorry, who?"

Vi pointed at the open ship which was now filling up like all the others.

"The two women over there in white uniforms, they are the sole survivors of the radioactive portion of the planet. I promised them I'd drop them off on a world where they can start a new life."

Leia spoke next.

"Starling, get in your ship and tell everyone to take off, and to head to those coordinates under my orders. Only the Falcon will stay grounded until we are sure everyone is evacuated."

"Yes Ma'am!"

Vi ran off towards her stolen ship. BB-8 made a couple high pitched beeps that even Leia could tell was a concerned question. Poe's face went dark, and responded to the droids inquiry.

"What guys?"

BB-8 rolled back into the mine, Leia, Poe, and Finn followed. There were some of the large boulders that Leia had cast aside, and hidden between them in the dark were two large male bodies, both with there throats cut. They were Thorn's guards. Leia had a soft gasp.

"No."