Chapter 17

Hux still had not heard from his spy, and for the very first time in his hunt of the Resistance, he had doubts. He knew that his bluff was working, that even through hyper space the First Order could track them through a mysterious means. But he now knew that they were expertly blocking all signals and that if the Raddus were to jump into hyper space now, and still managed to block there signals long enough for there minor reinforcements to arrive, the First Order would lose the stand still and the Resistance would live on for the foreseeable future. A bead of sweat trickled down his neck.

'Thorn is far more than capable of handling herself,' Hux thought,' but I do fear they are looking for her, and it's taking all of my persuasive skills to stop the Supremacy from light-speeding in front of the Raddus and blowing it up, with her still inside of it.'

They will succeed no matter what because of there sheer numbers and resources, but if Hux isn't the one to deal the final blow, and quickly, his promotion could be at stake.

He excused himself from the bridge. He decided more planning was to be done to secure all that he worked for. If he worked hard now he might even surpass the dreaded Kylo Ren as the Supreme Leader's most favoured servant.

Kylo Ren was meditating in his quarters, something he often didn't do. Everyone in the First Order was working towards insuring the Resistance's defeat, and yet that did not seem important to him. Instead he was spending his energy on finding Luke Skywalker.

Finding Luke Skywalker was the utmost priority of the entire First Order only days ago, and in Kylo's mind the best way to his former master was through the scavenger girl, Rey.

His mind was always open to the force, but he had never seen the use of projecting his mind, not until now. His force abilities were one of the highest in the galaxy, but it had been over a decade since he'd practised this technique and he seemed to be encountering difficulties. After an hour he could only seem to manage to read the thoughts and emotions of the people on the same deck as him.

It finally dawned on him that it wasn't solely his fault. Realizing what might be going on he took a deep breath and stopped channelling the darkside.

He braced himself for what he was about to do. Deep down he knew that there would be no going back from this. He restarted his projected search, but this time through the light side of the force.

He thought it would be difficult to reconnect, he had suppressed that part of himself so deep into his soul for so long now. But instead it flowed through him as easily as it had when he was a boy. It made him feel warm and at ease, almost like it was welcoming him back with open arms.

Then the visions started.

He saw his uncle, decades ago, screaming in pain on a platform floor as he was being electrocuted by the Sith Emperor. This was the moment he was taught to hate with all his soul. He watched as his grandfather, the intrepid Darth Vader, picked up his master and threw him into Death Star's reactor.

However the vision continued, he witnessed how an injured Luke lifted and dragged Kylo's dying grandfather from the throne room to the closest hanger. Just as they reached an abandoned ship was when the last of Vader's strength and energy ran out, and Vader fell, forcing Luke to drag him to the base of the ship. That was when Darth Vader died. Except to Ren's surprise it wasn't.

Vader reaches out to his son.

"Luke, help me take this mask off."

"But you'll die."

"Nothing can stop that now. Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes."

Luke slowly disassembles the different parts of the mask until he could see Vader's pale, scared up face. A happy smile came over the Sith Lord.