Chapter 47: A weird day back.

Once we arrive at school we hop into carriages. Four to a carriage so it's me, Draco, Crabb and Goyle. Pansy went with her other slytherin girl friends. I remember to grab Aurora in her backpack, I can feel her sitting, rather than sleeping. So i'm a little concerned. But everyones still a little shaken up over the train ride I think. 

Once sitting in the schools dining hall at our respective house tables, after all the new first years are sorted, we are greeted with a singing performance by the toad choir. I can see Draco snickering a bit as his backs turned to me. I don't blame him. It's a very impressive choir but they do look a little ridiculous. But Lucy would kill me if I laugh, she adores the toad choir. The only reason she isn't in it is because she's tone deaf, but she's trying to make a potion that'll change that. Emphasis on TRYING.

"Welcome welcome," Dumbledore begins to announce as the choir leaves the stage. "To another year at Hogwarts, now I'd like to say a few words before you all become befuddled by your excellent feast. First I'm pleased to welcome professor R.J lupin, who kindly consented to fill the post of Defence against the dark arts  teacher good luck professor" everyone applauds the man who stands on stage, but I am too far away to see his face properly.

"Maybe he'll get to stay for more than a year. I swear Harry, Ron and Hermione always chase them away. And you too come to think of it" Lucy whispers to me in a cheeky tone. I gently slap her arm in response.

I see Draco lean over to Harry and Ron. He's clearly saying something teasing. Then the kid next to him makes the look of fainting as the surrounding slytherins laugh. Ron pulls Harry away from facing Draco. I see them say something and Ron shoots me a quick glare. To which I reply with a raised eyebrow before Dumbledore starts talking again.

"Our 'Care of magical creatures' Professor of years has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid." There is slightly less applause for that, particularly from the slytherins. I don't get it tho, Hagrid as magical creatures teacher! This is gonna be the best year ever! Hagrid stands, knocking over the table in front of him.

Dumbledore then tells us about how the ministry is makinging us have the dementors surround the school. And he warns everyone about not getting in their way or 'give them no reason to harm you'. Which is a horrifying thought. I wonder if it was them I saw outside the train window. It would make sense. Then like a weird poet he says "happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." and with a wave of his hand the feast begins.

After dinner we head to our dorms as usual. I catch up with my girls before heading into my private room again, there's even more things this year then there were last year. Especially with the books! There are so many, and they all look to be different ages, but all still old and out of copy. And there's another note next to my bed.

"The third year has begun for you my young one,

Thought you might be wary, do not be dis kind,

As there's more to you then what's outside,

Watch out for others but keep in mind,

What's scary for you, has equal sides,

A creatures heart is a special one,

So keep them all safe, my growing young."

Geez. This is more cryptic than last year's one. And again it's signed with a cursive H and then the Hufflepuff logo.

I fold it up and go to put it in my little jewelry box that appeared last year, along with the other note. As I open the box though, sitting on top of the old note is a gold necklace with an old and slightly faded looking oval locket. Not particularly big either. In the middle of the front of it was a little gap that looked like it should hold a diamond shape jewel of some kind. I feel down the side of the locket and try my best to open it, but it just won't budge. I even try using any and all unlocking charms but nothing happens. It almost looks like the crystal that belongs in the center will open it. But even after scavenging around the room it's nowhere to be seen. With a huff I put my volt key onto the locket's long chain so I can wear both of them easily under my clothes.

I get changed into one of Charlie's old shirts and pajama shorts, deciding to get unpacked tomorrow. I curl up with Aurora on my bed, and fall into a peaceful sleep. Thinking about how interesting this year might be.

A/N- ngl I wrote this at the same time I wrote my last chapter, I just knew id be too lazy to write another when people asked. whoopsy. so here you go my dears, a little chapter but I think its needed. and im the writer sooooo. yeah. thanks for reading. if u wanna get to know me or support me more, I have a tiktok lmao.( @flamingobicth ) the support from y'all is amazing, every time I go to check on my wattled theres another 250+ notifications at least. I reply to some but I read all and oml you guys are funny. feel free to leave comments or suggestions! both are greatly appreciated. ask questions or say whats on your mind. let me here it! I hope y'all have an amazing day/Night/week/month. stay safe and ily! (btw BLACK LIVES MATTER!)