Chapter 29: Borgan and Birks

We landed in a dark alleyway. Lucius hands Draco an odd box and then gets us to quickly follow him. He began leading us to a dark and gloomy store. Draco dragged me past lucius a little and we walking past the shop widow, taking a look inside to see not much really. It's quite dark inside, but all of the widow objects seems to be dead, evil things. I feel myself tense up a little before feeling a soft squeeze on my hand. I look up at draco and see him giving me a comforting smile, he must have noticed how uncomfortable i am.

Draco opens the door and we enter inside, beginning to look at all the weird objects. Draco beng Draco begins touching things.

Lucius enters behind us and slams his cane down, rather harshly and suddenly making me jump a little, in front of Draco's hand to stop him.

"Don't touch anything Draco." Lucius says in a harsh voice, it's more evil and husk sounding then he does when he's home. I see Draco take a big gulp, he's clearly quite spooked by the suddenness too.

"Yes Father." he answers, holding his ground. This time it's my turn to squeeze his hand in comfort. Draco immediately squeezes back. Lucius seems to give me a warning look to which i give a little 'ill be good' smile.

We begin walking through with Draco holding the box in his opposite hand carefully. We follow Lucius as we walk to the back of the store. I look at the creepy objects we walk past. There's a few heads of various creatures and other creepy things, but for the most part it appears to be dead things. However there are some nice-ish looking goblets and candle holders, but they all have an eerie feel to them.

"Mr Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again." an old man says emerging from behind the desk. I didnt even realise there was ANYONE else in this gastly place.

"And young Mastor Malfoy too, and who is this young lady friend you've brought with you?" the creepy man asks as i hold my breath a little. Draco's hand squeeze doesn't seem to help much.

"It's not important." Lucius says. Is this it? His hating on my blood when i don't know what it is?

"But good sir it is, i like to be familiar with every being that enters my store. Especially a sweet Hufflepuff girl" He says husky giving me a evil grimace as though he's deciding weather i'd be better cooked with oil or butter.

"Her Name or House is not important, nor is our relations with her. All you need to know is I trust her. What is important, however, is our business in here today." Lucius defends me causing the old man to shrink back a little. I smile and let out a breath i was holding. Lucius Malfoy trust me, so he probably doesn't care about my Blood. That or he knows more about me then i do. That could be true.

"Delightful," the desk man says scrunching his nose a little.

"I must tell you, just in today and very reasonably priced-" the man begins to say before Lucius cuts him off.

"I'm not buying todays, Borgin, i'm selling." Lucius states. This man must be Mr Borgin. One of the owners i asume. Draco distracts me a little by pointing at some of the things in the cabinet.

"Selling?" Borgin questions as draco points out a weird amber orbe.

"Draco." Lucius says, Draco turns back to his father and lets go of my hand. He walks to the desk, placing the box on the counter. Draco walks back to me and keeps pointing weird objects out, but i'm too concerned at what Lucius is saying.

"You are aware, no doubt, that the ministry of magic is conducting more raids on private houses." Lucius says. This immediately catches my attention as My Dad, Arthur Weasley, is incharge of most of these raids.

"I see form rumours of a new muggle protection act." Lucius says. I remember dad talking about that a little, not that i pay much attention in all honesty.

"Pure Wizard blood is coming a less everywhere i'm afraid." i see Borgin glance at me quickly.

"Not with me." Lucius whispers, this shook me. What about me? What does he know about me that i don't? I look at Draco, who seems to have heard as well, as he's looking at me slightly puzzled.

"Anyway, got a few items from home that might prove ah." Lucius catches a glance at me as i pretend i'm not listening to him, "Embarrassing for the ministry to call. Just poisons and the like."

I look at Draco, clearly concerned, Draco just shrugs it of takes his hand from mine and instead places it on my waist. He almost feels like he's supporting me like i'm going to fall. Which actually could be highly likely.

Borgin is picking up various things and sniffing a few before his eyes go wide on something.

"Look at this." he gasps.

"That, particular item, is not for sale." lucius says.

"I understand, it has unique qualities yes, one wouldn't want to see it falling into the wrong hands" Borgin says as Lucius take the thing, making me unable to see whatever it is. Draco still wonders me around the room looking at very creepy things. He seems to quite enjoy looking at them, i personally don't but. Oh well.

The man fishes out some coins as Draco leads me to a sarcophagus, or maybe it's a closet, i can't tell. He's looking at it and smiling a little, he looks so cute. As i look through the eye holes i almost feel someone looking back at me. I must be insane but it's quite an uncomfortable feeling.

"You can keep the box." i hear Lucius say behind us. Draco starts to open the thing as i tug on his sweater trying to get him not too.

Suddenly lucius's cane is next to his head.

"What did i say?" Lucius says gruffly.

"Touch nothing." Draco responds with an annoyed look on his face.

"Exactly, I assume you were trying to stop him (Y/N)" he says turning to me.

"Of course sir. Draco's just being an egg." i say looking at Draco like i'm disappointed, trying to lighten the mood a little. It seemed to have worked as I hear Lucius let out a little huff, like he wants to laugh but can't.

"Sorry father." Draco says still annoyed, but a slight bit more cheerfully. Lucius gives draco a stern look still before removing his cane form beside Draco.

"Come on, we're going." Lucius says turning to collect his payment and leave.

"Pleasure to do business with you Mr Malfoy, Young Master Malfoy, (Y/N)" Borgan finished with a creepy look at me that made my throat feel tight. God he's a creepy old man.

Draco looks back at the cabinet thing one more time before turning to walk away, his hand still on my waist as he leads me out the creepy store.

As we walk out Lucius looks at me and says "Good thing he didn't get your last name or he wouldn't have let us leave so easily."

"Why is that? Whats up with my surname?" i question looking at the tall man.

"Let's just say, you're family were very well known." he says. I can tell that even if i ask more i'm not getting anything out of him. When he says well known does he mean in a good way or a bad way? What does that mean? Gosh this is going to torment me more than it already does now. I feel Draco hold me closer in comfort, and i have to admit it works. Because my birth family barely matters. What does matter right now is Draco, the Weasleys and getting my school books.

A/N- wow, another one so quick! and im already part way through the next, they where going to be connected but again I felt they where getting too long! hope yall don't mind! the next part is likely to be up soon bc im quite enjoying writing and, like I said, theyre all connected! soo. thanks for reading! see you v soon!