Chapter 34: a Howling start to the year

The next morning i am awoken by Golden-Oak chirping. I quickly put on my hufflepuff uniform and run down to the great hall. Walking through the big doors i see only draco and his friends are in the hall. I run up to him and give him a tight hug before hugging Pansy.

"Hello dear friends." i say in the bubbliest way possible.

"Someone got up on the right side of the bed." Pansy says with a little giggle.

"Actually she prefers the left side." Draco states like its nothing.

"Oooh, and how do we know that?" Pansy says raising her eyebrows at the two of us.

"I had a sleepover at his house during the holidays." i say calmly.

"And yet you didn't come to mine?" Pansy pouts.

"Its kinda hard to visit you when my families doing all they can to keep me busy." i state with a chuckle.

"Why were they doing that? Also who is your family? You still havent told me" she asks with a hand on her hip. Suddenly lots of people start to enter the hall along with my hufflepuff friends.

"Would you look at that i've got to go. See you in class hopefully." i say before i walk over to my house table and sit with my friends.

After receiving our schedules and the teachers leaving to do there own thing. Were enjoying a nice calm breakfast when owls start to fly through the windows. Including one very old, tired owl whos struggling to carry one red envelope. I immediately recognise 2 things. 1) the owl is Errol, 2) the letter is most certainly a howler. And it lands right in front of ron. Well by lands i mean crashes in the bowl of crisps. I see draco laughing at Errol's landing. I quickly stand up and shuffle between Fred and George.

"Bloody birds a menace" Ron says as he grabs the envelope from Errol's beak. Errol promptly stands up and flies out of the room as everyone in the great hall is looking at ron with anticipation.

"Oh-No" Ron croaks out with complete fear dripping from his voice.

"Look everyone, Weasley's got himself a howler" Seamus Finnigan states as people chuckle. I give him a quick death star before turning back to see draco laughing. I give him a disappointed look as he quickly stops with an apologetic look.

"Go on Ron, I ignored one from my nan once. It was horrible" Neville lets out in a little squeak. Ron looks at the card with complete horror.

"Mum definitely wrote that. He's doomed" Fred whispers in my ear causing me to chuckle. I look to see my hufflepuff friends eyeing me with a strange look. I brush it off and look at ron as he gulps before slowly opening the envelope with a shaky hand.

"RONALD WEASLEY" the howler cries in a shrill version of mums voice. The card quickly folds itself into a mouth shape before continuing to shout.

"HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" The howler finishes saying as it moves away from Ron's horrified face. It then turns to look down the table.

"Oh and Ginny dear-" the howler continues in a much calmer tone, "congratulations on making gryffindor. Your father and i are so proud." I look at Ginny to see her trying to avoid everyone looking at her. She's obviously embarrassed. The howler then proceeds to eat itself? And turns into nothing but scraps of paper. Ron looks absolutely horrified by everything and the entire hall is completely silent. The awkwardness is cut short by the bell going and everyone begins to pack up and leave for their classes. First things first, DADA with the 'Wonderful' Professor Lockhart. Great, Just Great.

a/n- well. would u look at that. another chapter. this one is short and well, horrifying. theres a lot more to come but this was 100% needed so there ya go. I also hoped you liked the title pun, I'm very proud of it ngl. 

I'm gonna aim to get a new chapter out every week, but like I said I have a lot of spare time and there are only so many youtube creators that I enjoy. so, thanks for reading! please comment and vote if you want more! comment ideas or random thoughts you had while reading I love to hear what you think! it can be as funny or weird as you like! Thanks again and see you next time! Bye!!! (wink wonk)