Chapter 7: Dinner with Draco

Once Draco and I enter the dinning room. (Which again is massive. But what else do I expect. He lives in a bloody manner) We sit down next to each other. Lucius across from Draco, Narssisa across from me. She gave me a sweet smile and Lucius gave me a smirk. I looked over at Draco who smirked before looking straight forward with an expressionless face. After a moment of awkward silence, the plates on the table fill with all kinds of foods that I haven't even seen before. In fact there is also more food then there ever is in the burrow. And there is only 4 people here. I must have had a shocked look on my face because Narssisa asks.
"What's wrong? Is everything alright?"
I turn to look at her and smile.
"I'm just shocked. We never have this much food at home." I say quietly. They all just nod in response clearly understanding that I don't want to talk about it. We all dig into the food. There's turkey and chicken, salad and mushrooms, some weird squishy balls Draco said where caviar or fish eggs.
It was all amazing except for the fact that unlike at home. No one spoke. Not a single word. I'm not used to this silence. Im used to everyone talking over one another. This is weird. But I kinda like it at the same time. It's peaceful and I can just enjoy my food without dad talking about a bewitched fork or something stupid. (Don't get me wrong. I love my dad but some of the things he finds are pretty ridiculous. But I guess that's why he loves it.)

After we finish eating (including an absolutely amazing dessert known as cram brûlée. You really gotta try it sometime.) We all walk back out to the lounge area. Except for Lucius. He went to his office or something. I don't know.
"It was so delightful to have you here tonight (Y/N). But I'm afraid that it's 10pm and I really don't want your parents to get worried." Narssisa says so sweetly. I nod and smile.
"It was amazing to be here and meet you. And the food was incredible. Thank you so much for having me." I say smiling.
"Anytime dear. Anytime. I'm so happy to have met you and I wish you best of luck at Hogwarts." She says with a smile.
"Thank you so much. Bye." I say as Draco takes my hand again and leads me to the room I first arrived in with the huge as fireplace. I check through my satchel making sure I have everything. Which I have.
"It was amazing having you over." Draco says with a goofy smile.
"Yes it was. Thank you." I say smiling back.
"I can't wait to see you at Hogwarts. I'll look for you on the train" he says still with that smile of his.
"Yes definitely." I say with a chuckle. "Anyway. Bye." I say before grabbing some flo powder, standing in the fireplace as I watch Draco wave and leave the room. I say nice and clearly "the burrow" before chucking the flo powder to the ground. The fire surrounds me as I go whizzing off

I land back at the burrow to see Mum sitting in her rocking chair knitting.
"Hello sweetheart." She says standing up, dusting my shoulders, then hugging me. "How was your day?" She asks.
"Amazing. I ended up going around to my friends house and having an amazing dinner. But I have to be honest, I still prefer your cooking. Something more homily about it." I say with a chuckle.
"That's great my dear. I'm happy you had a good time." She says smiling still. "However." She says with a sudden change of tone. "Though I am happy you are home before 12 a heads up would have been nice. Also you need to go to bed now." She says in a firm but still sweet voice.
"I'm sorry. I love you. " I say giving her a kiss on the cheek before another hug and walking up to my bed.
I put everything from my satchel back in it's correct place. (Putting my unicorn horn under the broken floor board so no one will find it.)
I change into my pjs before hopping into bed for a good nights sleep.

A/N- a good nights sleep is what I need right now. It's currently 11:40 at night rn but I really wanted to write this chapter and say thank you so much. I am really enjoying writing this story and I'm happy to see you are (hopefully) enjoying reading it. Thank you so much. This is my more normal chapter size so I hope you liked it. Please vote if you did bc it lets me know u want more. Feel free to comment ideas or just tell me if you liked it. Thanks so much see you next chapter. Bye!!!