gone | asaptyler

ship: asaptyler
requested: no
notes: i need sleep

in which rakim walks out on tyler and their son

3rd person pov

"i'm so sick of this shit, tyler!"

tyler froze. he was holding aj, their son they had adopted a few weeks ago. he was going upstairs, about to put him to bed when rakim had walked in the door. he had just come back from work, and was stressed as hell. he walked up behind tyler, and wrapped hands around his waist. tyler knew what he wanted, but their son needed him.

"not now, rocky. aj needs a nap. let me put him down. then maybe later, alright?"

he didn't give rakim the chance to respond before he walked away, his son in his arms.

that brings us back to now.

tyler felt the small boy in his arms shiver, and he knew he was scared. he had only been there for a few weeks, but he never saw the darker male get so mad.

tyler regained his composure, and whispered in his sons ear. "baby, go upstairs. close your door, okay? dad's gonna be there in a minute," he could sense his son's nervousness, and he pressed a kiss to his forehead. "everything's fine, lovely." he set his son down, and aj ran up the stairs.

tyler turned to rakim, looking him in the eyes, a slight scared look on his face.

"what the hell, rakim? you scared him. what's wrong?"

the older scoffed. "we ain't been together since we adopted aj! i want you."

tyler mentally sighed. the two had discussed being parents for a long time. they'd been together for five years, and they wanted to raise a kid. they both wanted it badly, but Tyler had guessed it would happen. rakim would want attention, and he'd get selfish.

"rocky, he's six years old. he can't just take care of himself. i miss you, too. but we spend time together. we have a kid, rakim. you need to be a fucking adult." he didn't want to have to be that harsh, but rakim couldn't act like a child anymore.

rakim grunted in frustration. "you know what, tyler? you go ahead. put aj to bed, i'm out."

tyler looked at him confused. "what the fuck do you mean?" he saw rocky turn his back, and walk out the door.

'fuck' tyler thought.

he walked upstairs, and opened the door to his son's room. he saw a lump under the blankets, and pulled it up to see tears streaking down his face, and his hands covering his ears. tyler's heart ached, and he picked up aj, kissing his head.

"everything's okay, baby. daddy's fine. you're fine. how about we watch a movie, hm?"

aj slowly removed his hands from his ears and look at tyler sadly.

"am i 'noyying, daddy?"

tyler immediately shook his head, pressing another kiss to his son's forehead. "never, baby. i promise. i love you so much." he felt the boy lay his head on his shoulder.