outed | xanskies

ship: xanskies
requested by: me
notes: hi im gay

in which diego is outed by a "friend" and kimetrius stands up for him

-♡-

diego: hey omar?

omar: yeah wussgud di? 

diego: i need to tell you something

omar: yeah?

diego: can you promise me that you won't be mad?

omar: come on diego. you know me.

diego: okay um.
    diego: im gay

diego was nervous to say the least. he had heard omar say mean things about gay people, but diego thought he since he was his friend, it wouldn't matter. right? he should live him unconditionally, right?

right?

he waited a few minutes and it seemed like forever. when he finally saw the notification, he wished he hadn't opened it.

omar: nigga you what?
omar: you mean i been friends wit a gay nigga?
omar: are you fucking kidding me?

diego could feel the tears well up in his eyes. he had been called a lot of things in his life but a faggot was not one of them. he trusted omar. he'd been one of his closest friends.

at that moment, diego knew he made the biggest mistake of his life.

he should've just kept this to himself. what now?

diego: i didn't think you would care. i thought we were friends omar

omar: we were.  i just didn't know you were a faggot

diego threw his phone across the room, the tears in his eyes finally falling. he felt so stupid.

diego flopped back on his bed, tired and depressed. he didn't want to get up tomorrow. he didn't want to get up at all. but he knew his dad would make him.

he closed his eyes, trying to forget the moment his world came crashing down.

//the next day//

diego walked into the cafeteria slowly. he could feel everyone's eyes on him. he paused when he heard omar's voice behind him.

"well look at that. took a break from suckin' dick to come to school, diego?" omar said, snark in his voice.

diego flinched, tears already starting to form.

"f-fuck off." diego stuttered, not looking at the boy in front of him.

"w-what? what y-you s-say, bitch?" omar yelled, mocking him.

that hurt. omar had been one of the only people to not make fun of his stutter.

"he said fuck off, nigga. fuck you gon' do about it?" a voice behind him spoke.

"who's that?" diego thought. he turned around to see a boy with curly hair and small mustache.

omar scoffed. "here to protect yo boyfriend? get the fuck outta here, kimetrius."

kimetrius stepped up to omar, crossing his arms and looked him dead in the eyes.

"make me nigga."

that's all it took. omar swung at his face, missing, causing kimetrius to land a hard punch on his jaw.

"fuck!"

omar fell back, looking up stunned at kimetrius. wiping the blood from his chin, he stands up, backing away.

"go suck your boyfriend off diego." omar left, leaving diego standing, staying at his feet with his eyes filled with tears.

"hey, you ok?"

diego looked up to see kimetrius, a hand on his shoulder.

he sniffled before answering. "y-yeah. im good. t-thank you."

kim smiled. "it's fine. omar's a bitch anyways." he took his hand. "come. let's talk."

diego and kimetrius walked out to the courtyard. they sat on one of the benches, underneath diego's favorite tree.

"so, what's up?" diego asked.

"im sorry, diego. i just hope you know there's nothing wrong with you. omar's a bitch." kimetrius said, holding diego's hands.

diego looked down. he had never really experienced this level of kindness before. now that he thought about it, whenever he was sad, omar was always busy. he never had time for his feelings.

he liked this. this was new. but it was good.

"t-thank you. i-im just...i thought he was my friend. h-how the h-hell am i g-gonna come o-out to my d-dad?"

"damn. look, it's going to be alright. if your dad doesn't accept you, i'll be here for you. okay?"

diego sniffled. "thanks, k-kim."

the boy nodded, slinging his arm around the smaller boy.

after a few moments, kimetrius spoke. "hey, wanna come over?"

diego smiled. he made a new friend.

"sure."

hiii im tired.
~maya💙