Hunting Red Tornado

Start from the beginning

Aqualad and superboy got up to attack as rocks flew down to us. I blasted a few that were coming towards me.

"Zatanna?" Robin said telepathically.

"I'm good, but Red Tornado's getting away." She said making me notice him flying off.

"Is he abandoning us?" Artemis asked.

"I don't believe that." M'gann told us.

"I have Tornado, you guys hold him off!" I said flying off behind Tornado.

I followed Tornado back to a laboratory. I made sure to stay out of sight just in case he really is programmed to kill us.

I saw the two androids that attacked us at the cave.

"We must stop him." Tornado told them.

"Why? Once we believed we lived, now there is only Red inferno and Red torpedo. Why should we help save humanity when we are no longer human?" The female Red asked.

"The premise of your question is flawed. You were never human but you were heroes." He told them.

They looked at each other.

"Being a hero doesn't mean you have to be human. You just have to know right from wrong and do something about it." I flew down to them.

"How would we know right from wrong?" The male Red asked.

"When you thought you were human, you knew right from wrong. What's different now?" I asked.

They looked at each other.

~

As the reds and I were flying back to the battle I saw the big bad red holding an unconscious M'gann. Wally came running and grabbing her as Red Torpedo hosed him into the lava. In return he emerged from the lava on a giant rock as Red Tornado crashed into the rock making it break and sending him back into the lava we watched as the reds battled it out until the finally subdued him and Red tornado sent the final blow pushing him further into the lava. Superboy jumped over and pulled him from the lava revealing the lower half of his body being gone.

"Tornado listen!  We're on the verge of a stage three super volcano eruption. There's no turning back from that we need to vent pressure fast! But the ash cloud will bring on worldwide nuclear winter unless you divert it!" Wally told him. "Triangulate around the pressure locus." He said to Robin. Robin pulled up his computer and began typing.

"Right!" He said as three dots came up on his computer. "There, there and there." He said making Artemis ready her arrow and shot it. In mid air the arrow separated into three hitting the spots that were on Robin's map.

The volcano shook right before our eyes and Tornado flew up into the air. The ash cloud the volcano released, Tornado sucked it up into a whirlwind directing it away from the earth.

~

We were all back at the laboratory as Wally and Robin fixed Tornado up. "There, that should do it."

"Yes, I can speak again." He said.

"You were willing to sacrifice yourself to save the planet." Aqualad said.

"The planet would have survived, its humanity that was saved." He turned to look at us. "Though not by me. My sister and brother. The true heroes this day." He finished.

"My point is this, you were never the mole, never a traitor." Aqualad told him.

"No I left to protect you from further attack and find my creator, Morrow." Tornado said turning away.

"Cool! Souvenir." Wally said.

"Red we can rebuild you, better than you were before." Robin said happily.

"I do not believe I should be repaired." He said.

"Why'd you volunteer to become our den mother in the first place?" Superboy asked.

"I was the pragmatic choice, I do not require sleep, I have no secret identity or second life to live." He told us.

"But do have advanced AI programming, designed to learn adapt, evolve." Wally pointed out.

"Hello Megan you wanted to become more human."

"And you couldn't do that with the league, they're stiffs." Artemis pointed out.

"You're not gonna learn emotion from Batman." Robin chuckled. "Trust me."

"Then the cave was not a proving ground only for us, but for you as well."

"I do not know if these statements are accurate, but perhaps they are true and if I understand the term correctly I believe I have come to care about you all." He told us.

"See practically a meat bag already."