Back story

August 27,

I walked back to the cave sore from being taken down by clay face during our last mission.

I was faced with my dad this time here to pick me up.

"Rough night?" He smirked.

I yawned. "As rough as my night was, laundry day for you will be even worse." I said slouched over holding up my dirty cape.

He lifted an eyebrow looking at me. "Come on.." he shook his head walking to the Zeta tubes.

Once we went through to the Fawcett city junk yard we walked to his car parked outside of the yard.

I got in the back detaching my cape and throwing it in the seat next to me. "Eck, clay face goop." I shuddered.

Dad laughed a little getting in the car. He put his seatbelt on and began driving after starting up the car.

"Sooo... daddy." I said sweetly. He looked at me through the mirror. "On the Kent Nelson mission-"

"The late Kent Nelson, bless his soul." He corrected me.

"Right, the late Kent Nelson mission, Doctor Fate told me I have metaphysical powers and I haven't even scratched the surface of what my powers can do, after the 'witch boy' called me a conduit." I told him.

He abruptly stopped the car, making me lunged forward a little.

"Look Raegan..." he sighed. "Maybe this is information for when you're older. And can handle the powers you already know about a little better."

"But how am I supposed to learn how to handle my powers- all my powers, when I know nothing about them. The mission to Fates tower totally caught me off guard! I was almost fried in hot lava because I didn't know that the magic would mess with my powers!" I yelled at him.

"Raegan, I.." he looked straight forward. "Maybe this is a conversation your mother should be here for." He said as we pulled up to the driveway.

"Fine." I said getting out the car and slamming the door shut.

"Mom!" I yelled walking in the house. "Mom!" I called again.

"Raegan you're home." She smiled coming down the steps in her hero costume. "I was just-"

"Mom I want to know about my powers, all of them, everything." I demanded as dad walked in.

"Oh Raegan, I'd love to tell you all about them but it'll have to wait. I've just been called to help Wonder Woman on official league business." She kissed me on the cheek.

"Wait you're leaving?" Dad asked with a worried look on his face. "Are you sure they don't need me too? I can call my sister to watch over Raegan-"

"John, just tell her what she wants to know. She was gonna find out sometime." She said walking out the door. "Love you both, don't wait up for me." She said before flying off into the night sky.

I looked at my father with my arms crossed.

He was looking out the door after my mom before looking back at me.

"Alright, alright fine." He said walking to the kitchen. "How bout I get started on dinner while you go wash off, then we'll talk." He said.

~

"Your power ring, which is powered by your emotions," Dad started once we were sat down on the couch after eating dinner. "And gives you your powers, is the ring of the Black Lantern Corp. They are one of the more.. powerful Lanterns.."

"Even more powerful than yours?" I asked.

"Well, Uh, yes.. I guess you could say that. But, okay.. let me start from the beginning then."

~

"I'm sorry Mrs. Stewart but I don't think this baby will make it to term. Her heart is very weak." The doctor told Shayera and John.

"Are you sure there's nothing you can do? Anything?!"John asked, hoping and praying that the doctors could do even the slightest thing to fix their situation but, unfortunately nothing could be done by the doctors.
~

"John, you can't go. I need you here. What if you do not make it back.. I can't lose you both."

"I promise, I will be back. And we're not losing anyone." 

I had heard the tales of the Black Lantern Corp and what their Power rings could do. With that kind of power I planned on saving his you, no matter what.

My decision to enter sector 666 of the black lantern corps was looked down on by many of the green lanterns. Because of the awful history that Lantern corps holds, and the unspeakable acts that the ring can do. Unnatural acts.

"I come to you Nekron, leader of the Black Lantern Corps, please I ask for your powers of regeneration-"

"Why should we help you Green Lantern of earth?"

"My daughter..." Was all I said, all I could say.

He lifted his hand up with a ring appearing in it. He gave it to me.

"Use the rings power to regenerate whosoever you please, but, just know Green Lantern, when the time comes, we will come for the favor you owe us." He told me. I nodded backing slowly out of the darkness. When I got back to earth I landed in the watch tower. I was surprised to find out that your mother had went into labor earlier that day.

I rushed to the hospital with the ring still in my hand.

When I got there you were already gone. A stillborn. Your mother was devastated. I took the ring out, I never had intentions of using the ring myself, if I had used the ring on you, it would have reanimated you, but only your body, your soul wouldn't have been there and I would have just had the job of controlling you. So I put the ring on your finger. And almost instantly, you were crying and full of color, and just perfect.

"So they gave you the ring to regenerate me, because of my heart?" I looked at him.

He nodded. Regeneration. The cut, I got on my arm from that shadow. My powers must've healed it.

"But because you were already..." He couldn't bring himself to say the word. "If I had used the ring to bring you back, you wouldn't have been the incredible girl you are today." He said.

"Okay daddy, that's great but what other powers do I have, I can regenerate, I can bring people back to life, what else?" I flew up from excitement.

"Apart from your black energy constructs and energy blasts, you're an empath." He looked at me. I looked at him confused. "Meaning," he pulled me gently to the ground. "You can read people's emotions as auras, and mimic their emotions, whether it's put off on someone else or yourself, you can manipulate dark energy, drain the life out of a being-"

"Wait," I stopped him. "Manipulate dark energy?"

"Dark, or black energy lives on a different energy field than this one we're on. You can come in and out of that field as you please, hypothetically speaking, and manipulate it, being one of the only things connecting this field and that field together. In other words, a conduit for dark energy. Some Black Lanterns have even been known for being able to shape and bend reality itself, as you already know. That's why Raegan you getting a hold of your powers are so important."

"I-"

"Batman to Midnight, mission debriefing at the cave in five." I heard over my com link.

"I have to go, Batman's got a mission for us." I told him.

"Hold on I'll start the car." He stood up.

"Dad, I'll be fine flying there on my own." I flew up to his cheek. "Love you. And thanks." I hugged him before going up to my room to quickly change then flying out the window.