Forever People

Whisper jumps over the now full line of armed Intergang thugs and slashes her whips horizontally at them. The only thing that prevents them from getting hit is the rock Vykin puts in the way. "The confines of this tunnel favor their weapons. We must bring this battle into the open." Bear forces himself out of the quicksand while Conner tears Moonrider out of the rock.

"More room at the top!" Conner shouts as he and Wolf runs behind the New Gods.

Bear helps boost the New Gods out of the hole.

"They're getting away!" Whisper shouts, slashing her whips once again, this time they travel all the way down the tunnel.

Conner quickly jumps between Wolf and the nearly flame-like whips. Grunting as he puts his arms in an X to block his face, but not seeming to take much damage like the New Gods were.

I hold on tightly to Wolf as Bear gives him a boost out of the hole.

"Move!" Conner shouts, watching Bear jump first and then following him.

He lands just in front of the New Gods and Vykin speaks the second he's up from his crouch. "I have no wish to prolong this battle."

The ground begins to break loose and the thugs easily pile out of it. "Finish him." Ugly snarls.

"Fear not. She will protect us." Vykin says calmly.

"Who, Dreamer?" Conner questions.

"The New-Genisphere." Vykin corrects.

Sphere flies around, now armed with her own gun. "Cool." Conner mumbles as she flies over his head. "Wait. Sphere's a she?"

"I told you." I said still looking at Sphere.

A few simple shots take out the Intergang thugs and she circles back around.

"It is time." Vykin says looking at the Motherbox in his hand.

"Time for what?" Conner questions.

The Motherbox beeps as Vykin raises it up and all five of them shout "Taru!" in unison, all holding their own Motherboxes in their raised hands.

Conner raises a hand to cover against the sudden flood of gold light as I covered Wolf's and I's eyes with my hands, when we look back up there was a massive android-like figure colored in gold with white lines and blue armor. "Okay. That's..." Connor started.

"Cool!" I smiled taking a step off of Wolf's back.

While they were focusing on the Sphere, the large combined form of the New Gods was able to march towards them. Until they heard the footsteps.

Turning the two men with tech encompassing their hands try the quicksand trick again, and while it slows the New Gods down, they easily step around it. Then use the eyes to fire lasers at the tech and it simply disappears with no harm done to the hired thugs.

The two with cannons mounted to their chests fire disks, but with a simple raise of their hand the trajectory stops and they fall to the ground. With their other hand, the New Gods let out a concussive wave that knocks all four men up and over Whisper then back to the ground.

Undeterred Whisper readies her whips. They fly out towards the New Gods, who catches them easily in their hands, and uses their laser eyes to destroy the whips at the handles.

Whisper stared dumbly at the place where they used to be, missing how the New Gods raised their hand again this time swiping it to the side as they unleash the concussive wave knocking her across the construction sight.

Whisper groans as she gets herself sitting up again, looking over at her fellow hired thugs.

Ugly, armed with a similar box to Vykin's, opens a gold portal and runs through. The three other thugs follow him through.