The once light red bite that was on her neck was now a deep shade of crimson and had spread down to her collarbone. She inhaled sharply at the sight of it.

"I don't feel sympathy for you, if that's what you're trying to do." Niklaus' thick accent echoed in her head as she swung her head lazily towards him.

"Klaus. I'm sorry." She breathed out. The girl shook her head to try and get rid of the Niklaus doubles in front of her.

"I turned my humanity on again." Dahlia looked up at him to see his mouth slightly parted as if he were going to speak.

"I don't know where to start...." She struggled to find the right words as every corner of her body ached.

The girl watched him clench his jaw before giving an annoyed huff. The blonde suddenly bit his wrist and lightly brought it in front of her mouth. She looked up at him in confusion, to which he nodded.

"Drink." Dahlia obliged and began to drink his blood. She wasn't surprised in the least when his blood was sweet and quite possibly the best she'd ever drank.

The vampire shut her eyes when she felt Niklaus' hand softly rub her head. His soft touch made her stomach do flips and her heart beat irregularly.

Dahlia pulled away to get a breath of air and was shocked when she felt completely better. The dizziness and pain was gone at once. She quickly pulled her shirt down and saw that the mark was gone.

"Thank you." She exclaimed gratefully. He looked away from her and walked towards the door.

"Get some rest." He said without looking back and closed the door on his way out. Dahlia looked down, slightly hurt at how he just left. She knew this was going to take more than just an apology to make up for.

Doing as he said, Dahlia crawled to the top of the bed and tucked herself in. She didn't feel sleepy and was too busy thinking about Niklaus, so she didn't think she'd sleep.

But as her head hit the pillow, she suddenly felt extremely tired. Her thoughts and worries were gone in an instant as she dozed off, the lack of sleep finally getting to her.

A knock on the door made Dahlia look up from the baby photo album she was flipping through. The vampire turned to find Niklaus standing there, watching her.

She had found the album when she woke up and was bored. So she decided to peek around in the drawers and closet of the room, which was what she assumed was the guest room. She found the pink decorated book and was immediately fixed on going through it. The pictures were all of Hope, but still adorable.

Dahlia changed her sprawled out position on the bed to sitting up and eyeing the man step in. He sat on the edge of the bed and smiled when he saw the photo album.

"I see you've found our photobook." She nodded as he craned his neck and squinted at the picture.

"Oh no. That is an awful photo." The picture was of Niklaus holding Hope in his hands on the rocking chair.

"What do you mean?! It's nice." She looked down at it and found it all so crazy that he was a father.

"No, I mean the back-story is awful. Hope was just out of the hospital, and she cried. A lot. It was hectic. You can see how tired I look." Dahlia laughed.

"You're doing well now." She assured him, and he returned a smile.

"And you?" He spoke after a brief silence. Dahlia knew he was talking about switching her humanity back on. She didn't want to worry him, but she wasn't doing alright. The guilt of threatening Hope's life and fighting with both Niklaus and Hayley was eating at her. When she didn't respond, Niklaus reached over and rested a hand on her arm. The girl slightly flinched but felt warmth at his touch.

"Dahlia?" He said softly.

"I'm so..so sorry." She breathed out shakily, her eyes glued to her painted black nails. She felt terrible when she felt his eyes burning into the side of her head.

"I don't blame you."

"You should! I threatened your child and the mother. I'm...I'm a monster." She whispered the last part to herself, but Niklaus still heard.

"You're not." He lightly turned her head towards him by placing two fingers under her chin. "That wasn't you. Your humanity was off."

She stared into his gorgeous, blue eyes and felt a wave of reassurance and relief wash over her. Their close proximity made her slightly unnerved as she studied his facial features.

"Why are you so okay with this?" She blurted out, her curiosity getting the best of her. He ran his tongue along his bottom lip before speaking.

"Because I know who you really are. And it wasn't that person I saw." His small smile at her made her heart skip a beat.

Impulsively, Dahlia leaned in and crashed her lips against his. When he didn't return the kiss and instead tensed up, she cringed at her stupidity. He pulled away and stared at her in surprise.

"I...I can't, Dahlia. There's Hope and...I have a family now." He mumbled as Dahlia bit her lip uncomfortably. Clearly she read the room wrong.

"I didn't....I just thought..." She stumbled on her words as her brain paused, making finding the proper words a chore.

"Excuse me." He awkwardly pardoned himself and got up from the bed. The girl watched him walk out quickly and lightly shut the door behind him.

Dahlia threw herself against her pillow and stared at the ceiling in complete and utter embarrassment. Of course she'd kiss him without even thinking of the consequences.

Although she knew it wasn't right, she wondered why his family had anything to do with their relationship. If there was one thing she disliked about Niklaus, it was how often he forced his family into the picture.

Even though he acted like he didn't care about them, he really did. Their old conversations would be about what his brother would think, or what his sister would think. Never how he himself feels.

As selfish as it sounded, Dahlia wished for once he'd forget about them. But she knew that would never happen considering he had Mikaelson blood running through his veins.

The girl turned to her side and bit her lip to suppress the tears that welled up in her eyes. She just wanted to be happy with Niklaus.

a/n
heyy thank you so much for 10k reads <3

hope u enjoyed this the end is so cheesy LOL

also....y'all heard abt nate on ig lately😐 what's going on with the dude.....