Chapter Twelve

DAHLIA practically trembled in fear

     DAHLIA practically trembled in fear. A mere feet or two stood the man that made it clear he wanted her heart in between his fingers. She fumbled to find the proper words that wouldn't want to make him tear her heart right out of her chest. "All good things, I hope?" She finally managed to huff out. The girl could care less about what he'd heard about her if he intended on killing her either way. A feigned smile grew on her lips as she silently prayed she'd live to see tomorrow. Her tormentor smirked.

"All good, of course. But I do wonder what you see in Niklaus. I heard you two have some sort of relationship." She swallowed hardly. 

"Something like that." Her tone was sweet. Maybe she could seduce him into sparing her life. She mentally scoffed at how pathetic she sounded. Her eyes laid on the table in front of her. She couldn't look at him, let alone maintain eye-contact with him. 

"I'm sorry, I just have to ask. Is your mother Elaine Vixen by chance? Your last names are the same." Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How did he not know her relation to her mother if he planned on killing her? The girl licked her dry lips and answered.

"Yes, she's my mother. How..did you two know each other?" She asked, fully knowing how they were familiar with one another. He rested his elbow on the table while talking with exaggerated hand gestures.

"Old friends. I'd met her at a bar a while back, and she was quite... a character." He looked at her, but it didn't feel like it. He was distracted in his thoughts of her mother with a nostalgic smile growing on his face.

"That's....nice?" Dahlia felt like he was lying. Klaus told her they met at a nightclub, and here he was saying that they met in a bar. "Did you say bar?" She questioned, now actually curious. Something wasn't right and she could sense it. He took a swig of his drink and held it lazily.

"Yep. It was a bar. I remember 'cause we were having a drinking battle." He laughed. "I won, obviously." She forced her frown into a side smile. 

"What happened after?" He watched her eagerly ask. "I...just want to hear more about my mom, I really miss her." She quickly recovered. She mentally cursed herself for overstepping.

"Ah yes. Well, nothing really happened. We harassed other day-drinkers and were obnoxiously loud. But she had to run and that was pretty much the last of it." He licked his lips, bored of talking about such a subject. Dahlia's eye slightly twitched at his words. She hoped he was lying.

"So..you didn't kill her?" He moved his elbow off the table abruptly and gave her a look of bewilderment and some offense. 

"What in the hell are you on about?" The brunette man laughed in her face. She stood there looking and feeling a fool as her cheeks burned a bright red.

"I...Klaus...said you killed her." She mumbled. Kol watched her with confusion.

"I didn't kill her, darling. Why Klaus would feed you that false information is beyond me." Dahlia dug her nails into her palm to stop the tears brimming at her eyes. Only she would start tearing up in such an unconvenient moment. 

"But...but I saw you. In my dream. Klaus was sitting on the bed when I woke up and.." Her voice cracked slightly as she fought her tears back. The brunette man clenched his jaw when he realized what was really happening and looked at the unaware girl. 

"What else did he tell you?" He leaned in, a smirk just waiting to reveal. He couldn't believe he missed all this juicy drama. Niklaus was getting better and better by te d

"He-he said that you met at a nightclub and then had a one night stand and then turned her into a vampire. And that you took her to Klaus for help because you didn't know how to teach her how to be a vampire. And finally that you killed her because you were so in love with her and that you want to kill me." Her words ran on as a single tear fell down her cheek. Kol scoffed at the lies she was told.

"Well first of all, if I turned someone, I wouldn't take them to Niklaus. That's for certain. Second, I don't recall being in love with Elaine. Sorry, sweetheart." He rubbed his lips together as he straightened his back. "And also, he was sitting by your bed when you were dreaming because he was literally controlling that dream. He put me in your head."

Dahlia was frozen with different emotions flashing through her mind. She didn't know what to feel or believe. It all clicked. All the inconsistencies in his story, the entire thing. Water shed from her eyes uncontrollably. "There's no way. He wouldn't...no. I don't believe it." She shook her head and sniffed while looking down. 

"You're an idiot if you believe this all, and I mean that in the best way possible." He placed his hand on her shoulder to which Dahlia flinched at. Kol exhaled sharply and walked away, leaving the girl to quietly sob alone. Her vision blurred as more and more tears welled up. Her chest felt heavy and all of a sudden, so did her entire dress. The necklace she wore, her curled hair; it all instantly felt like it was weighing her down.

She quickly rubbed her tears when she remembered where she was. Her eyes stung with leaked mascara in her eyes and she knew she looked a mess. Out of nowhere, she started to feel hot and dizzy. The girl felt claustrophobic as she looked around and scanned the room full of people. Dahlia beelined for the grand stairs, trying not to be seen, but was blocked by a certain Salvatore sliding in front of her. 

"Everything okay?" His voice sounded genuine. It was odd to see Stefan Salvatore standing by himself, and not attached to Elena's hip. She wiped her eyes with the top of her hand and forced a smile.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just.." She stopped talking when she saw Klaus storming towards the two, his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched. Dahlia could tell he was angry for whatever reason. He approached the two and Dahlia looked down, but her chin was forced up by Klaus' finger. Hee looked at the mascara and the dried tears all over her face. He turned to Stefan and pulled him in by his collar.

"What did you do?" He hissed. Stefan's mouth opened to speak but nothing came out. The hybrid dug his hand into the Salvatore's chest, causing Stefan to groan.

"I don't like to repeat myself, but I'll do it for you. What did you do?" He emphasized every word in the last part. 

"He didn't do anything! Leave him!" She pushed him off Stefan. Stefan's white button up was stained with blood. 

"Dahlia, what's the matter?" Klaus asked slowly, realizing she knew. She faked a scoff and grabbed Stefan by the hand.

"Leave me alone." She marched out of the Mikaelson house with the brunette following her, leaving a guilty Klaus.