Chapter Three

DAHLIA woke up from her sleep the next morning

     DAHLIA woke up from her sleep the next morning. She checked the clock and saw it was 7am, yet Caroline was still asleep. Dahlia was surprised she wasn't up yet, and got up to wake her. Caroline grumbled but once she saw the time, she jolted up.

The two got dressed. Caroline wore a pink floral top with black jeans and a blue jean jacket paired with black booties. Dahlia decided to wear a white, short dress today with her white converse. She loved them so much because her late mother gifted them to her on her birthday. They didn't have much money, but when they did, her mother spoiled her. She touched the shoe softly like she were touching her mother's hand. 

"I'm gonna make breakfast!" Caroline said while walking out of the room.

"Okay!" 

Dahlia got up and finished her makeup. The time was now 7:50 and Caroline was still downstairs. The girl went down and was about to call out to her when she heard voices from the front door.

"I need to see her, Caroline." A masculine voice with a heavy accent spoke. Dahlia wasn't sure who it was.

"I don't think you understand. She just got here and she's just trying to live a normal life, alright?" Caroline shot back. Were they talking about her?

"No, I don't think you understand." The man's voice hissed. There was a sound of something or someone being hit against the door. 

"Let me in, now." He threatened. Something happened and Caroline ran inside and locked the door. Dahlia quickly tip-toed to the kitchen and pretended to look through the fridge.

"Oh hey." She acted like she just saw her as she closed the fridge door.

"Oh, you've been here? I was just talking to...the neighbour. Yeah, his mail is always coming to us it's so silly." She lied dead in Dahlia's face. Dahlia tilted her head and crossed her arms. Caroline sighed.

"Who was that? And what were you talking about?" She asked as Caroline grabbed her purse. 

"I can't tell you anything, D. I'm sorry." She spun to speak to her and turned back around to put on her purse.

"What do you mean you can't tell me anything? What is happening?" Caroline stomped her foot down like a kid having a temper tantrum and groaned.

"I...No, I can't." Dahlia was growing angry.

"I'm assuming Elena and Bonnie know, don't they? I see the weird things happening, Caroline. I saw how weird you all got in that history classroom and how you glared at that new girl. Just tell me. Please!" She said. Caroline's face went pale.

"We got "weird" in that classroom because our favourite history teacher died. And that girl is a bitch. Happy now?" Caroline quickly retaliated and walked to the back door.

"You're lying." She said, sternly.

"So what if I am." She said in a superior tone.

"You know what, you go to school yourself. I'll walk." Dahlia walked to the front door but Caroline sped to the door before her. A gasp escaped Dahlia's throat.

"I..You were just..How?" She backed up as Caroline walked forward, realizing what she just did.

"Dahlia, I can explain. We just have to calm down, okay." Dahlia nodded to trick her. Caroline got close up to her and held her shoulders but Dahlia hit her in the gut with her knee. 

"Don't come after me." She yelled as she ran out of the house and into the road. She heard Caroline's shouts from behind her but she ignored her and ran to school, scared Caroline would be behind her. She kept running until she reached the school. She sat down against the brick wall and took deep breaths. She dropped her head, but lifted it up again once she felt a presence beside her. She turned her head and was face to face with a brutingly beautiful blonde man with blue eyes like hers, but his were icy and cold. He was smirking at her, so much that his dimples were revealed. He was probably the most handsome person she'd ever laid eyes on.

"Hello, love." She immediately recognized his voice from the voice at the door earlier. Knowing he too probably didn't intend on answering her questions, she was annoyed.

"Who are you?" She spat. She didn't have time for all this.

"Fiesty, aren't you?" He smirked.

"You should however consider watching your tone with me." He threatened, still while smirking. She scoffed.

"Are you threatening me?" She glared at him. Already, she didn't like him.

"Why yes I am!" He grinned.

"Can you just, like, leave me alone. I know you were at the door this morning." She looked away from his face.

"Yes well, it worked. Now I'm sitting here talking to you, am I not?" She rolled her eyes.

"You look exactly like your mother." He said after a while of studying her face. She spun her head towards him.

"My mother? You know-knew her?" She looked at him, searching his eyes for an answer.

"You could say that." He clenched his jaw and turned serious.

"How? Tell me. Please." She pleaded. He looked away and into the distance. 

"We can chat at the Mystic Grill tonight." He said, finally.

"Can I at least get your name first?" She stared at him. He looked her in the eyes.

"Klaus. Klaus Mikaelson."