bonus: olivia and tyler take friendship test

Start from the beginning

Olivia:
I first met Tyler when auditioning for Teen Wolf. He had already been cast as Scott and was doing chemistry reads to see who would be the best fit for my character, Sierra. I remember laughing a lot actually, because he tried to make the room as lighthearted as possible. Like, he consistently had a smile on his face that lifted everyone in the room. Me, Jeff Davis—our creator— and our casting director.

Tyler:
I remember Olivia walking into the auditioning room and becoming...almost star struck in a way, if I'm honest. You know, she was on the Disney Channel for the longest time with her sister and did all these movies. Then I was there, this being my first big role, trying not to flip out and act like I knew what I was doing when I really didn't.

Olivia:
When we started reading, everything just clicked. I genuinely felt like I was talking to one of my best friends because we were laughing, joking around. Because of him, we truly brought those characters to life within a few minutes.

Tyler:
She was just so sweet from day one. On set she introduced herself to everyone, and started building true relationships that set the base for the tone of the show. True respect was given no matter if it was an extra or the director. Like, Dylan and I were the leading two but without Olive, it wouldn't have been the same. She has this huge heart that inspired us to be the best versions of ourselves.

Olivia:
Tyler is probably the biggest goofball I know besides Dylan, but the best thing about him is how much he cares about people. There were nights where I was having a rough time, and he'd be the first person to check in and ask me how I was doing or watch Saved By the Bell with me. And looking back now, it's nice to see that he's still that guy from when the show started. He's funny and very grateful for everything that he's experienced, staying grounded and passionate about whatever he involves himself in.

Tyler:
We started hanging out more and more, having sleepovers and movie nights. We also went bowling a lot with the other cast members, and just truly embraced being eighteen year-olds making a TV show. Then on set, our friendship naturally bled into Scott and Sierra, so it worked perfectly.

Olivia:
One of my favorite scenes with Tyler happened at the end of season three. My character was a mess over the loss of Allison and didn't want to go to the funeral. So Scott, aka Ty, comes in and basically just promises that I was his sister and that he was never going to leave me. It was really emotional for the both of us, because I do see him as my brother in real life. And after we finished with the take, I'm pretty sure we just hugged for like ten minutes and cried together.

Tyler:
Picking just one scene with Olive is hard because not only have our characters been through a lot, but we have too. So, every scene with her holds memories that I love. One thing I do remember is that the signature fist-bump between Scott and Sierra happened by accident. I think I messed up a line or something and she gave me a fist bump as a, like, aye welcome to the club. Then, we just kept doing it because no one told us to stop.

Olivia:
Tyler's a cool guy, what else can I say?

Tyler:
Olivia will always be one of those people I can call, no matter the situation. I trust her that much.