bonus: things that need to be said

You know I wish I was coming on here to post another bonus chapter between Liv and Dyl, or maybe another fake social media post. I wish this was mostly a thank you post for helping this book reach over 250k, a thing for which I am extremely grateful.

But I'm not.

I'm here because there have been a lot of instances where people are forgetting that an actual person took time out of her life to create this story and others, not just for herself, but because she wanted to share her idea with others. I didn't create Livie to get comments, reads or votes. I did it because someone, a fan of my TW series, expressed how much joy it brought them and pitched me the idea for Livie.

So I wrote it. I created edits and used photoshop, and let me just say how LONG AND HOW MUCH TIME it took. I never ONCE said I was a professional editor or an expert in photoshop. I created the images so readers could more easily visualize the story and how it truly played out.

BUT

some of you have commented underneath these edits, and have NOT been kind. You might think it's just a joke you're making or believe that the author never sees it or won't be bothered. But here's the thing, every comment I DO SEE. I love interacting with you guys and a lot of times you make my days better. Your hate isn't a joke and I, as the author of this book, am EXTREMELY bothered.

It's not funny nor will I tolerate it. If it continues, a part of me wants to unpublish Livie. The only reason I haven't yet is because I know there are genuine supporters of mine who truly express love for my writing and for my characters, and the edits even if they're not 100 perfect.

For those who use the defense that I can't take criticism, you're wrong. I know the difference between hate and criticism, and you have crossed the very thin line. It's 2021 for crying out loud and you're taking time, your energy, to still express disgust or hate for something someone you don't even know created. It's rude and horrible.

This is my warning to you to stop. Because if you don't, I will start reporting people.

And for those who have defended me, thank you so much. You are the reason I love writing on Wattpad and I appreciate every vote and comment you leave.

Especially during the season we're in right now, it's important that people learn to support each other instead of tearing them down. We're all better than that.

If you disagree, DM me and we can talk. Otherwise, lay off my comments and leave my supporters alone. Thank you.