That thought faded as he heard Glenn approach. "Rick, I'm so sorry, we had no idea—" Rick only shook his head. "I knew he'd go to her sooner or later." Looking towards Glenn and Maggie, he saw their confused faces. "He hasn't been getting much sleep and he finds comfort with her that he can't find with anyone else." Rick let out a sigh. "Just send him home when they wake up. It'll be soon enough since she has her perimeter check."

Before Rick could step away, Maggie reached out to gently touch his arm. "You— you're not mad?" Rick met Maggie's eyes as she questioned him, his head shaking softly. "They're young. I think we forget that because they had to grow up quick because of this world, but they're still kids. I can't say I'm surprised, although I do wish that maybe it hadn't been her, with all she's endured—" Glenn clenched his jaw. "Rick—" the man's eyes widened slightly, shaking his head as he heard the tone of offense. "I don't mean to insult her, not at all. I was just scared she'd try to force my son away just as she had in the beginning. But I know they're past that, and I know we have a safe enough place that they'll get to grow in that way together." With one last sigh, Rick looked to the shut door once again before nodding. "All I can say now is... just send him home when he wakes up." Glenn and Maggie nodded their head before showing Rick out.

In the room they had just been in front of, the young girl woke up with her eyes facing the wall. Before she was able to get up, she felt a pressure against her back. Her eyes widened as she turned slowly, surprised to see the shaggy brown hair that belonged to Carl besides her. She felt the fear well deep within her, but she pushed it down for the sake of preserving the friendship she had built with Carl. He was understanding of her wariness, and she wished to repay him for his kindness by trying to push aside that fear, knowing he wasn't the boy that had caused her so much pain.

Her thoughts faded as she saw the boy stir, a few moments passing by before he shot up. He looked to his side, seeing Clary as she sat up as he had, yet in a much slower and calmer manner. His eye met her gaze, surprised at the small smile that painted her features. "You sleep okay?" Carl nodded hesitantly. "Yeah— um, no nightmares." Clary nodded, glad that he had been able to get at least one decent night of rest.

As silence filled the air, he sighed. "God, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have stayed. I— I didn't think I'd fall asleep, and I didn't even ask— " he was surprised as she let out a soft laugh. "It's alright, Carl. We talked and we were tired, so naturally we fell asleep." Carl looked to the girl, seeing that she was being truthful. Still, he shook his head. "I know but I should've seen if you were even comfortable with me even being here. You know I don't want to put you in a position where you're uncomfortable or—" Clary laughed softly at his rambling, placing her hand on his knee, causing him to look at her. "If I wasn't comfortable with you, you wouldn't have even made it into my room. And besides, you make a pretty good heater." Carl shook his head, a smile on his face. "Well, I'll happily be your heater whenever you need me, as long as you ward off the dreams." Clary let out a dramatic scoff. "Is that really all I'm good for?" Carl shrugged. "I mean, you do snore like really loud—" Clary scoffed, pushing him playfully as the two laughed.

They stood up, Clary looking out the window to see the sun rising. She let out a soft sigh before turning to Carl. "You should probably head home. I have my perimeter check in a little bit." Carl nodded, know it she was right. "Yeah, lets just hope my dad isn't awake." Clary nodded in agreement. "And let's hope Glenn and Maggie are still sleeping." Carl nodded, a soft laugh leaving his lips before he looked to the girl. "Thank you, Clary." The girl gave him a confused look, "For what?" she questioned. "Just... being here. Giving me a chance, really." Clary smiled softly. "Thank you for not giving up on me, considering how I treated you." Carl shook his head. "I would gladly go through it again if it meant we could be just as we are." Clary was surprised at his words as he sent a small smile before leaving her room.

Throwing aside the thoughts of the boy leaving her room, she quickly got dressed into a t-shirt and jeans before throwing on her boots. Pulling her hair into a ponytail, she clipped her sword to her belt before heading out of her room. Walking down the stairs, Clary was surprised as she saw Glenn and Maggie waiting near the door. As the two looked at her expectantly, she sighed. "Look, nothing happened, I swear. We were just talking and we fell asleep." Glenn sat up straighter, facing the girl. "Clary, we're not saying you did. But if you ever plan to, ya know, just— just be safe and—" Clary let out a groan, cutting Glenn off. "I— I really don't need that talk. I've already had it and I'd rather not go through that trauma again." Glenn raised an eyebrow towards her before looking to Maggie, who tried to hold back a smirk. Clary groaned as she made her way towards the door. "Get your heads out of the gutter. Carl and I are friends. Nothing happened, and nothing will happen." Glenn nodded slowly. "Mhm, sure, we believe you."

With a roll of Clary's eyes, Glenn chuckled softly. "You should probably get to Montu for your perimeter check." Letting out a relieved sigh, Clary gave them a quick goodbye before departing the home. Glenn couldn't help but laugh as the door shut, Maggie slapping his arm. "You're terrible, Glenn." Glenn shrugged. "What? She needs to be safe. As for Carl, I'm sure he got the hint." He thought back to what he had told the boy, keeping it friendly as he had known the young boy since the beginning, but stern enough to show he was keen on protecting Clary. Maggie shook her head. "C'mon Papa Bear, before you try to scare everyone else away."Glenn only rolled his eyes, smiling slightly at his wife at her humor.

At the same time, Clary approached her horse, quickly mounting onto the saddle before riding him through the streets of Alexandria. Upon nearing the front gates, those on watch opened them up before allowing her outside the gates. In the early weeks of building Alexandria back to its previous splendor, Rick had asked her to do perimeter checks at least once a week. Considering she was the only one with a horse, she could do it quickest, and it usually gave her time to think. With the perimeter check being nothing more than a few stray walkers, which she sliced down, she made her way around and back to the front gate in less than an hour.

As she put Montu back into the stable, she heard footsteps nearby. Before she could turn, the figure had leaned against the wooden fence posts to look at her, a bright blue eye shining back at her. "So, how bad did Glenn give it to you?" Clary questioned, causing the boy to laugh. "He really gave me a good dad talk, saying if I do much as touched you without your permission he would personally send me out of the walls and feed me to the walkers. Or that he'd tell my father to never let me out of the room. Let's just say he's very protective." Clary laughed, shaking her head as she imagined Glenn being stern towards the boy. "He's being protective for no reason. Nothing is happening or will happen, and he'll realize that soon enough."

Giving one last pat on the neck to her horse, she turned back to her friend. She was surprised to see his face had hardened slightly, causing her to feel taken aback at the change. However, before she could ask what was wrong, Carl seemingly went back to normal. "We going to the usual spot?" Clary nodded. "Yeah, and Enid's joining us. She said she's pretty sure she found a way to get out of Olivia's sight for a few hours." Carl nodded before the two made their way to a hidden corner of Alexandria, making sure the coast was clear before they both scaled the walls.