Chapter 28 - Can't Help Falling In Love

Start from the beginning

He crawled to where I was seated and I was trying my very best to calm my nerves down at this sight of him. He settled himself beside me, and when our elbow touched, it instantly sent shivers down to my spine. "Ready?"

I took three calming breaths before I opened the camera on my phone and steadied my hand. I was adjusting the position to have a full view of Chad and me. But, "I have short arms!" I complained with a nervous laugh, trying to hide the tension but I know an epic fail one.

"Oh, I need to move closer." Before I could even say anything, he already moved a bit behind me. I felt the back of my left shoulder resting on his right chest. I froze. I swear, at the moment, my heart went frantic and my breath caught in surprise—a strong unfamiliar emotion engulfed me. "Better?" I heard him say, his warm breath tickled my neck which made my stomach flip. He was so close, too close to me that I was afraid to look at him and say something stupid.

Not if the silent feelings were haunting you, making you feel uncomfortable and giving you sleepless nights for ignoring them. For sure you'll let those three strong words out of your mouth unknowingly.

The conversation I had with Chad way back suddenly resurfaced, and I... panicked.

Is this—

"You want me to take the photo instead?" I didn't realise I was spacing out until Chad called out my attention one more time. I didn't argue—how could I if the ability to speak had left me! I just gave him my phone right away, still feeling mute. The sooner it's over, the sooner I could steady my heart again. "Smile." He said. I looked up and saw him through my phone. He flashed a vibrant grin. Almost instantaneously, I smiled back.

He took three shots. "Do you mind if you could send me one later?" He asked as he handed my phone back. I took it and assured him I would sent him a copy. I looked at the photos as he crawled back to his usual spot.

He's unbelievably handsome. I thought to myself.

The unpopular geek with goofy glasses that I was irritated before for his boldness and arrogance. For not bowing to my commands, for always making me fume in anger.

Now, I found myself drawn to him. Like gravity. There was this strong force trying to pull me towards him. No matter how much I tried, I just kept on falling.

I didn't even know when this started. How? When?

Obviously I didn't have any answers to those questions. But there was a question that I was dying to know though.

Do you also feel the same way? Do you also feel that strong gravitational pull?

"Is there something wrong with the photos?"

I'd tried to shake off the questions that were formulating and polluting my head, instead, I convinced myself to concentrate on this moment—my moment with Chad, and just leave those unnecessarily and mind boggling questions that could possibly leave me broken if answered.

"No, they're perfect." I told him as I put away my phone. "You're a great photographer." I commended, trying to be casual.

"Actually, I'm a wannabe photographer. I like taking pictures."

"Is that the reason why you have that camera with you every time you go to our spot?"

He let out a grin that stretches from ear to ear, "I'm surprise you noticed that. You're very observant."

I could feel myself blushing at his comment. I silently wished for a cool breeze to warm my rising body temperature.

I cleared my throat and tried my very best to be casual again. "Of course I notice that! I always find myself looking at y—" I bit my lip and stopped mid-sentence as realization hit me. So instead of going for a casual conversation, I was about to confess that I always stare at him!