𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐲: Change My Mind.

*if you havent seen Mrs. America 1. Wtf is wrong with you?.....like seriously

And 2. This may contain spoilers*

I was attending the National Womens conference with my fellow feminists. We were led by Gloria Steinem, one of my long time best friends.

I heard that some of the anti-ERA women were attending so I promissed Gloria i would come along with her. Though i was reluctant at first. She said it would be fun and reminded me that there would be a lot of women there.

She knew that was my weekness, i was a sucker for beautiful women.

I swear I was one of the biggest lesbians on this earth. Some people still didnt accept the idea of women that like women. They think that people like me are monsters and unholy.

I was raised a christian, i still pray to God some nights. God forgives everyone right, he loves all his children right? Then why would i be any different.

So eventually Gloria convinced me to tag along. As soon as we got to the hotel i practically threw my bags onto the floor and dropped onto the bed. I was sharing a room with Gloria because there was no spare rooms.

I decided to explore the building a bit. I eventually found a bar and after a few drinks i almost forgot why i was here.

After a while a lady sat next to me. Boy was she pretty. Her hair was an ashy brown colour, she had the deepest brown eyes, and a lovely light purple almost pink dress.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked while furrowing her brows.

"No reason" shit. She probably thinks you're a freak now.

"I'm Alice" she spoke, reaching out her hand which i shook gently.

"Beatrice, but you can just call me Bee". Fuck. She has such a pretty name. Alice. Alice. Aliceeee. Okay maybe thats enough alcohol because I'm staring again.

"So Alice, what brings you here?" Really Bee. Small talk?

"Well, My friend Phyllis asked me to come, but she couldnt make it" my face dropped once she mentioned that name. Phyllis. Phyllis fucking Schlafly. One of the Anti-ERA, pretty much Anti- womens rights leader.

I quickly ordered another whiskey and downed it as if i hadnt drank anything in the past six weeks.

I was talking to a conservative. A hot... beautiful... alluring..... mesmerizing conservative, but still.

I had to find a way out of this awkward situation.

"What about you Ms. Bumble Bee?" she asked. How do i answer that without seeming like a weirdo or offending her.

"I uhhh here I came w-with a few friends" one basically being your Arch-nemesis or whatever but ya know. I tend to stutter a lot when I'm nervous. I'm guessing she noticed.

"Are you okay?" She put her hand on my shoulder. I of course was calm and- wait her hand is on my shoulder........ Gay panic mode.

"Uh huh.... yep.... im fine.... never been better..... totally.... im greatttt" At this point i was even cringing over how stupid i sounded.

I then looked at the time and realised i was meant to meet Gloria about twenty minutes ago.

"Ohh....ohh no.... um... i gotta go. It was nice meeting you Alice..... bye" i practically ran out of there.

I heard a faint "Bye" in the background.

* Three hours later *

I was in the gay lounge talking amongst some friends when in she walked. Alice.

I was really surprised to see her in here of all places, but something was off about her. Her makeup was smeared all under her eyes, it looked as if she had been crying.

She layed down on the steps with a plate on her chest and using her fingers to push food into her mouth.

I got up and walked over to her.

"What are you doing" i asked.

"I invented a new way to eat" she said.

"I can see that, I meant what are you doing in the gay lounge..... your not gay right?"

She let out a slight laugh.

"Of course not, do I look like a lesbian?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"No but you do look drunk" i said crossing my arms and sitting beside her.

"Maybe just a slight bit" god she was adorable.

"Oh really.... just a "slight bit"" i say with air quotations.

"Yes. Wait Why are you in the gay lounge?" she asks while pointing at me.

"Because im g-" i was cut off by someone starting to play 'This Land Is Your Land' by Woody Guthrie.

Alice sang along. It was honestly really cute. I quietly sang along with her.

She grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet forcing me to stand and sing with her.

it was the most fun i had had in a long time.

A/N

so that was part 1 lmao. Im aware its kinda shit. I just needed to update or Lid would kill me.

So um... see yall in part 2 hehe.