16: Childish

I can't believe you dragged me into this. Kidou complained to you. You know what I'd rather be doing?

What would you rather be doing?  You signed back with a smile.

Literally anything else. He deadpanned.

"Hey! Why aren't you two helping?!" Ilie yelled at Kidou and you. Politely, Kidou continued to sign as he spoke to help you keep up.

"You're enough. You're popular at Mario's aren't you? Then why don't we take advantage of that? Plus what is YN going to do? Smile and nod? She can't talk."

"What do you mean I'm enough?"

"They work hard all day but when they think about how you're waiting for them at Mario's they can get through the day. They're all coming to the inn to see you greet them with a smile, aren't they? If you focus on advertising that to the lot of pervs, it'll be a lot more effective than handing out stupid fliers like these." Kidou stood up and quickly offered a hand for you to join him. "Mario's got you already and they still want to improve the inn's image. Just how popular does that person want to be?"

"...Do you..." Ilie blushed.

"What?" Kidou and you both narrowed your eyes. Kidou had no idea where this was going while you hoped it wasn't going where you thought.

"Do you... want me to wait for you to come home too?" He signed Ilie's words to you and you quickly grabbed his hand.

"Um, no. I'm not a perv." He answered blatantly with one hand signing. Help me hand out the fliers real quick, just throw them at people. I want to go home. I'm tired.

I'm tired too, perv. You teased him when suddenly a stack of papers flew at Kidou's head. He whipped around, angry.

"What the hell was that, shortstack?!"

"Seriously... I'm going to charge you for smiles from now on!!"

"What?! As if I would pay for something like that! I don't want you!"

"Why!? Because you've got your own toy right there!?"

"That's it! I'm gonna pound you to a pulp!" The men held Kidou back as Ilie pouted on the bench. You shuffled through your bag and came up with the paper and pencil you were looking for. Then, you plopped onto the bench next to Ilie and began to write. When you were done, you handed it to her.

"Kidou is a good guy. He is too old for you. That, and calling me names makes you childish. Just because I am deaf and need help does not mean I am a doll for men." Ilie felt a little bit bad now. "Also, you should charge for smiles. You would make a lot of money." She turned to you and engulfed you in a hug, then she looked at you and wrote down a response.

I am sorry. Kidou is just so annoying!

You laughed and shook your head yes. Patting her on the back, you stood up and walked over to the fussing man.

Enough. Let's go back to your room.