19: Exhausted

"Kidou! KIDOUUU!" She screamed at him as she shook him.

Kidou's eyes shot open and noted both her and you. Instantly, he began to sign as he spoke. "Shut up! I'm just tired! Don't scream in my face!"

"What's wrong!? Does anything hurt!?"

"Where did that bastard go?"

Ran away. You signed back as Kidou clutched his head.

"Alive?! What a monster."

"Kidou, are you really alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just let me sleep for a few minutes. I can't move, I'm exhausted."

"What about you two?"

"Okay."

Tired.

"Are either of you hurt?"

He was met with two negatives and seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. The last thing he needed was someone he cared about to be injured. Gently, he laid his head back and closed his eyes. It was clear that he was going to drift off soon. Turning around, you noticed a crowd coming towards you, seemingly to help. In turning around, however, you missed what Ilie had said.  As she cuddled close to Kidou, she spoke softly.

"Hey Kidou... You know, I... I like you."

And unfortunately, there was nothing you could do about that sentence that you never heard. Truly, however, there wasn't a need to at the moment, or even for several days afterward. The helpful mob easily transported Kidou back to Mario's and there was little incidence in the following days. Although Kidou had slept on the bed in his room, once he found out that you were relegated to the floor, he quickly insisted on a switch. You didn't complain, but at the same time, you wondered if the thin bed might just have enough room for two.

Hadi had come to see Kidou a few days later, and you tried your best to lip read the young man and watch Kidou's signing.

"E-01?" Kidou clarified.

"Yep! It's the main district that governs all of E. Our headquarters is there too. I know it's a hassle, but please go there. You won't have to stay long! And you can bring your little fern-headed girlfriend." You had no idea what fern-headed meant, so you didn't give it much thought.

"Give me a break. Just because you saw that other girl in the gift I got, doesn't mean that's my girlfriend." Kidou's face was dark. He signed further without speaking. I'd gotten you several gifts, but it seems that a certain child has been coveting them.

Those pajamas did look a little big on her! You chuckled with good intentions. It wasn't that Kidou had been giving her any items, it was just that she was a child who thought of herself. Nothing unusual for her age. Can I have more of your clothes for pajamas, though?

Why bother with pajamas at all? You blushed as Kidou flirted with you and Hadi smiled at the exchange. He was quick to pick up who indeed the gift had been meant for and was politely awaiting a pause in your conversation to keep talking.

"Think about it... I wouldn't be here telling you if it wasn't necessary."

"I wrote a summary report so long that my arms almost fell off! If I was going to end up doing this anyway, why'd you make me write all that??"

"I don't doubt you, but the whole thing's not exactly easy to believe either. This could change our understanding of cagaster as we know it." He turned to Ilie who was now lurking behind him. "So we're counting on you too, little lady!"

"Me?" She stopped cleaning the already clean spot.