15: Mario's Idea

"Kidou! Psst! Come here!" A majority of the patrons of Garden Mario were, for who knows what reason, camped out next to the bar instead of in it.

"Ah?" Kidou turned around, confused. "What do you want? I've been working since early this morning and I'm tired."

"SHHH! You can't go back to Mario's right now!" Jin whispered. "It's a mess! Honestly, can't we just cancel the festival?? There's this new person and Mario freaked out when they say her and Ilie went back to see how Mario is doing, so don't do anything that might trigger them!"

"What the f--"

"Kidou!" Ilie's voice rang out. "Welcome back!"

"What is going on?" Kidou demanded to know.

"Well you see..." Ilie took his hand and dragged him inside, with the other patrons skulking behind as well. "I found this girl and she doesn't know any way to communicate but sign language." Kidou's face drained of color. "Mario's determined to speak with her, but they don't know what to do... They're getting so frustrated."

"Y-YN..." He muttered as he saw your face turn towards him and away from the large person you were facing.

"So that's her name!" Mario smiled. "I wish I knew sign language... could you help me out, Kidou? It seems that we're having a communication barrier. It's hard to write everything out you know... We were thinking about having each establishment in the district advertise on the radio, but she thinks our customers are very odd. We need to improve our image." Mario's face was clenched. They didn't want to be angry, but they knew Kidou was talking smack to you about the bar now.

YN?! Why are you here? Are you okay!?  Kidou's hands flew as he dropped his bag and walked up to you.

I'm fine. The little girl found me and recognized me. Desperately wanted me to come back with her. This is a lot nicer than the slums, you know. You narrowed your eyes for emphasis.

Yeah, well...

I hate that you hid me. You frowned emphatically.

I didn't hide you... I just wanted to protect you.

What's the harm here? Everyone seems even weirder than you. Kidou laughed at this.

"What is she saying?" Ilie asked.

"She's saying that I'm the least weird out of everyone here."

"That's it! I am going to make sure everyone is up to snuff! She just met up and thinks we're weird... Bad image for the festival. From now on there's a dress code and a behavior code!"

"Oh, like we're going to listen to that!" Kidou signed and spoke at the same time.

"Thanks to your mysterious friend here, we either reboot as a cosplay cafe and all wear my dress style, or you hand out some fliers, WITH SMILES. Choose!!" Mario's eyes shined with determination.

Why would you do this to me? Kidou sighed. You can't even really do it. So it's just torture for me.

Exactly. That's my favorite kind of torture. Now get to it!